CHAPTER 39 - Preparation

I woke up with two most handsome man sleeping soundly. "Good morning, love!" I whispered as I kissed their forehead; they barely move a limb. I slowly climbed off the bed and entered the bathroom. I turned the water on, filling up the tub. I entered the tub, washed away their dry seeds, and cleaned myself. I felt soreness at my core, cursing them for taking in one go. I came out from the bathroom noticing that they were still asleep. I dressed into an emerald long sleeves dress and closed the door softly behind me. I walked to the dining table and I saw my parents who already started eating.

"Good morning, mum and dad!" I greeted. "Next time, please build a soundproof room!" my mum teased. I blushed; "Sorry!" and my dad shook his head. "The whole palace can hear you!" my dad continued. My cheeks reddened even more. I turned to the warriors and they were smiling, some raising their eyebrows. I looked down on my pancakes; "Shit!" the memories flashed by just looking at the food. "Good morning, sweetheart! Good morning, mum and dad!" Xavier planted a kiss on my forehead and sat beside me. "Good morning, love! Good morning, mum and dad!" Ezra kissed my cheeks. My parents greeted them and smiled. "My mum told us to build a soundproof room!" I scowled. Both of my mates laughed loudly. "Finish up your pancakes!" Ezra chuckled as them both high- five each other.

A month later, "Alpha, the village is cleared. The village is cleaned and most of our warriors have recovered completely." A warrior informed Xavier who was reading the map. "Good work! Tomorrow, you all can return to Bellicus. I will return later! Glenn! Rivia!" he called and his two right- hand man came forward. "You two will be in- charge when I am not around!" Xavier commanded with his serious tone. His voice was extremely hot. "Yes, Alpha!" they responded and bowed slightly. "Ezra, the villagers are allowed to return to their homes!" Xavier continued. Ezra nodded; "Good! We should pack up and leave now to the enchanted forest." "We will stay here waiting!" my parents grinned as my dad squeezed my mum's hand softly. Ezra and Xavier grinned. "Alpha, some of us will remain here to protect the king and queen while we wait for the return of the villagers! Some of us will follow you, Alpha! The rest will return to Bellicus." Xavier understood.

We bid goodbye to my parents. I saw my parents smashing each other lips eagerly when we left. "Rose, you will ride with Xavier!" Ezra commanded. I smiled and I sat in front of Xavier. "Rest, my queen!" Xavier whispered as he pulled me closer to him. I shook my head but, in the end, I fell asleep. It took about a half-day journey. Ezra led the way. We went there by horses and we brought some horses without riders for the villagers who required it. When we reached the entrance of the thick forest filled with sharp thorns and poisonous branches, lethal to peoples and other creatures.

I saw Ezra mumbled something with his left hand raised and the sharps thorns and the branches slowly being sucked into the ground. The forest revealed beautiful exotic flowers, trees and a few ladies appeared in front of us. They bowed before Ezra and us. They were wearing floral dress made of plants; they were the forest nymphs. They were the protectors of the forest. They were beautiful with the floral headband, and their dress fit them perfectly. I smiled as we passed by. "Greetings, your majesties! Your highness!" they greeted gently. I would fall for them if I am a man. I could hear some of the warriors whistling at them. Xavier growled fiercely and they kept silent. "Look there!" Xavier's eyes widen in astound when a majestic reindeer with large antlers decorated with flowers and leaves. It was munching the grass. We reached the middle of the forest. "Where are the villagers?" Ezra asked.

One of the nymphs touched the tree trunk and a door appeared. She opened the door and to my surprised the inside was enormous. We saw a family of five enjoying their lunch. We came down from our horses; the family saw us, and they hurried outside to greet us. "Greetings, your majesty! Your highness!" they greeted and bowed. "I request for the villagers' presence!" Ezra commanded and the myths informed every tree trunk that was occupied with our villagers. 

Within an hour, the forest was crowded by our people. "Eradian is safe! All of you can return to your respective homes!" Ezra informed. The villagers clapped and cheered among themselves.

"Long live the king! Long live the queen!" they shouted thrice. "We will leave by tomorrow morning!" Ezra continued. "Everyone, please pack up your belongings as it will be a long journey back!" Ezra continued and the assemble dismissed. "Your majesties, your highness! We have prepared a place for your stay tonight!" an adorable bob blue-haired nymph informed. We smiled and followed her. The other warriors also went to the respective place prepared. It was one of the tree trunks; "Where is Princess Arethusa?" Ezra asked. "Her highness is busy with her duties!" she answered as she bowed gently. "Please informed her that we are grateful for her help! Thank you!" Ezra continued. She smiled; "I will inform her, your majesty!"