CHAPTER 7 - Queen

I woke up in bed, clutching on Lucian's ring. Tears kept flowing down my cheeks; I could not believe that Lucian was dead. I put my hand in the air and streamed of liquid flow in front of me forming the circling shape. The signet ring floated into the orbit and I saw the whole incident. Lucian was sleeping in his tent when some men in black guise entered his tent. One was covering his mouth with a black cloth, another three were holding him down and another man with a blade stabbed Lucian's chest many times. Lucian was struggling but his effort was in vain. I could not see any of their faces as it was caliginous. The soldier was right, all the soldiers were murdered except him. I saw Lucian struggling to move; he took off his ring before he falls motionless. 

The soldier creeps towards Lucian and took his ring and he ran, fighting for his life. I tried to view the recollection of events during the nights of his urgent meetings but I failed; I couldn't see anything apart from pitch black Tears never stopped streaming down my cheeks; suddenly, I felt excruciating pain on my chest. The signet ring fell on the bed and the ring of water blasted. I gripped my chest tightly as I felt a part of me left. I was on the bed, grappling in the sharp pain. I could barely breathe. "Lucian!" I screamed before fallen to unconsciousness. The mate bond is very sacred; it is almost unbreakable unless if the bond is forced to be broken. I could not understand why my bond with Lucian is broken. I felt empty inside. I mourned for months; the kingdom was revamped.

I was next in line to rule the kingdom. I was enthroned as Queen Rose of Eradian. I had to ensure that this kingdom is in peace as it was Lucian's blood and sweat. I handled the alliance issues, increased our economy. My parents came to the shore to assist me with this whole ruling thing. Every night, I cried in my sleep as I slept in that empty bed. The bed was uncomfortable without him. I grabbed and embraced Lucian's pillow as that has his scent. The scent that I did not want to forget.

My dad used his abilities to morph some sirens to protect and guard me. Only very proficient alpha able to do this. I am unable to do so. My new protector is Sia, my guardian, and my best friend. She was strict, ruthless but a kind siren. She had taken care of me since I was in a cradle. She brought her troops with her. With her around, my matters were taken care of. She knew once she turned into a human; she will not be able to turn back. Hence, only sirens who willing were given this offer. She was the first to take the offer and her troops stood by her.