CHAPTER 57 - It's Time

We were having dinner at the dining hall. Suddenly, I felt a strong contraction shoot inside me. I was having irregular contractions this month. I shut my eyes as I caress my enlarged belly. "Rose?" Lucian looks at me, concerned. I shook my head; "Just contraction!" I muttered softly as my breath labored. The pain became more intense than normal; I gripped the table as my breathing became heavier. The cramping came again, more intense, and longer. The contractions ensued with five minutes apart. I was getting dizzy and exhausted with the pain. My lower back hurts. Xavier and Ezra were worried. "Excuse me, I want to rest!" I muffled, tears falling. I pushed the chair gently and I stood up with my hands against the table, supporting myself. Lucian immediately helped me. I felt fluids trickled down my inner thighs and my undergarments socked.

"Rose!" Lucian yelled when he saw blood mixed with fluid trickling down my legs. He immediately stretched his large ripped arms and carried me in a bridal style to our room. I cried as the contractions came again but it was more intense. "Call the midwife!" Ezra yelled and the maidservant rushed to call the maidservant. Xavier and Ezra rushed to the room. I was lying on the bed, Xavier hurriedly ripped off my undergarments. I cried louder as I gripped the bedsheets. "Where is the damn midwife?" Lucian roared and the midwives arrived with a bucket of warm water and towels. "Forgive us, your majesties!" they bowed as they hurried to me. "I can't breathe!" I cried as my dress was making it worse. Ezra rushed towards me and ripped my dress apart and I felt a little freedom

I spread my legs wide, knees bent. "Your highness, would you like the kings to leave?" one of the midwives asked. I nodded; "I will stay!" Lucian eyes' watered. "Your majesties, please leave!" she gestured Xavier and Ezra to leave. Lucian came to my side as I grabbed his hand tightly; I saw him winced in pain, but I didn't care. "Your highness, you have dilated seven centimeters." The midwife informed calmly. Another came to me, wiping my drenched sweats. I felt a strong pressure, the pain worsened. "Rose!" Lucian voice trying to calm me. "Your highness, it's time! When I say push, push as hard as you can!" the midwife muttered. I nodded; my breathing getting heavier; my heartbeats poundings. "Push!" and I pushed as hard as I can; I felt an intense pressure inside me, pushing it ways to come out.

I cried, my tears falling non- stop, I gritted my teeth as I pushed again. One of them, pushed my knees higher to ease a bit for the delivery. Another came to my abdomen, she placed her hands on my fundal height and starting pushing gently to help the delivery "Again!" she cried, and I pushed again, my energy was draining. "I saw the tip of the head!" the midwife cried. I turned to Lucian and his face was pale- white. He was trying to keep his composure. "Your highness!" she cried, and I pushed as hard as I can. I felt a surged of relief as the pressure disappeared and cries of an infant were heard. "Congratulations, your majesty! Your highness! It's a boy!" I saw a beautiful baby boy crying as the midwife wrapped his comfortably in a red warm fuzzy cloth. She passed the infant to Lucian and tears fell down Lucian's cheeks. "He is beautiful!" he cried as he planted a kiss on my forehead.

I was exhausted as the midwife help while my placenta came out too. She used the warm water and cleaned the blood-stained on my body. She took away the drenched bed sheet. "Your highness, everything is done! You didn't have any tears!" she muttered as she helps to place my legs down, resting. She took the cover to covered my drenched, soaked body. They left us, congratulating Ezra, and Xavier. Xavier and Ezra rushed into the room with tears falling. "Rose!" they rushed to me; Lucian was sitting beside me, crying. He cradled our child with his strong arms, planting a kiss on his forehead. "He is adorable!" Xavier's eyes were red and puffy as he kissed my forehead. "He looks like you!" Lucian mentioned. Ezra pressed his lips deeply on my forehead. "Congratulations!" he tried to smile.

My parents came in with wide smiles plastered on their faces. "Congratulations, Rose!" my mum kissed my cheeks as my dad ruffled my hair gently. Lucian handed the infant to my mum;" He is so adorable! Majestic looking child!" my mum complimented. "How was it?" my mum chuckled. I shook my head; "Terrible but worthied!" I tried to chuckle, but it hurts down there. "Plan for more?" she continued. I gazed at Xavier and Ezra with their keen eyes. I blushed and nodded; "But not so soon!" I mumbled.

"The child needs to feed!" my mum explained. I nodded as I tried to adjust my weakened body. I was clumsy as I cradled the infant; my mum helped me. She makes sure the infant's mouth was open wide and she placed his mouth covering my areola. He instinctively began suckling. "Simple!" my mother grinned. After 10 minutes, I noticed my left breast has emptied but the child was still hungry, I gently removed my breast from his mouth and I cradled him on another side, feeding him with my right breast. He continued his feeding. 

Xavier stood up and chuckled; "I have to go!" he grinned as he quickly ran off. "What happened?" my parents asked. Ezra closed his eyes as he turned around; "I am off too!" he disappeared. My parents were dumbfounded. "I don't know!" I lied. I almost laugh when I saw Lucian knelt on the floor; eyes glaring at me. "What name shall you bestowed him?" my dad asked. "Adriel!" I thought which means strong. I turned to Lucian for approval; "The name suits him well!" he chuckled, reestablishing his composure and sat beside me; "He is a big eater!" he laughed softly.