CHAPTER 54 - Big Eater

"Can you transform him into a merman?" I looked at my dad who was scratching the back of his head. "I can't as I am a mortal now! Even if I can, he must have a bloodline of merfolk or siren." he was apologetic. "It's alright!" I smiled. "Bring me to the cove! I need to inform my kingdom about my absence." I uttered and my mates nodded. "Tomorrow morning; there will be a carriage ready for you!" Lucian informed and my parents smiled. "Congratulations!" my parents congratulated. Lucian smiled as he grabbed my hand gently. Before I could take a step, Lucian's large arms carried me. "I can walk!" I growled. "Not on my watch!" his eyes darkened. "We have to talk!" he gazed as Ezra and Xavier. They nodded; Ezra's eyes did not leave me. Why? Why is he looking at me with such melancholy eyes? *I am sorry, I can't help you with Aurum! * I fake a smile and I knew he was not convinced too. It was a quiet journey.

Part of me is delighted that soon I will be a mother but part of me is dead worried about the safety of this child. We reached the entrance of the palace and Lucian carried me to the cove; followed by Ezra and Xavier. I growled in annoyance; "I can walk myself!" Lucian ignored me as he gently placed me on a large flat rock. "Calder! Kieran!" I muttered and a whirlpool formed with Calder's present. I saw Kieran swimming towards us. "Greetings, your majesties! Your highness!" they greeted. "Can you transform him into a merman?" I asked, looking at Calder.

He shook his head; "Forgive me, your highness! I do not have such ability!" he answered. "Alright! Kieran, I will be absent for nine months and King Lucian will take over my duties! Protect him!" I growled. "Your highness... you are..." "Yes! I am pregnant!" I interrupted. "Congratulations, your highness! Your majesties!" they congratulated. "No one must know I am pregnant; especially when there is an infiltrator in our kingdom!" I warned. They nodded and I waved my hand; asking them to return to the palace. "It will be tiring for you!" I mumbled softly. "Do not worry; I can handle it!" Lucian comforted. We returned to the palace for dinner.

I was starving, I ate more than usual. My mates gawked at my appetite. "I am hungry!" I frowned. I took a large turkey drumstick, a large bowl of salad and a bowl of mashed potatoes. I saw Xavier swallowed hard at me; I glared as I stuffed the salad into my mouth. "Your child must be a big eater!" Xavier teased, staring at Lucian. Lucian smiled widely; "It is!" I finished my plate clean. I stood up and Lucian stood up after me. "Stop! I can walk by myself!" I frowned but Lucian grabbed me and carried me to our room. It seems that everyone had finished their meals as Xavier and Ezra followed after us. Lucian closed the door after us.

"Do not touch her!" he growled as his eyes turned black with black veins surrounding his eyes. Xavier and Ezra were flabbergasted. "Feed on me instead of her!" he continued; Ezra and Xavier's eyes widened. "You do know what will happen to you if we feed on you instead," Ezra growled in annoyance. Lucian nodded; "No, you don't! It's not what you are thinking in your head now! We will die instantly!" Xavier glared at Lucian. "You are not human but Ocaran! Your blood is a curse to us!" Xavier continued. "They can feed on me!" I muttered. "It's too dangerous!" Lucian growled. "Lucian. You are being over..." Ezra struggled as Lucian grabbed his neck, squeezing tight.