CHAPTER 45 - Threatening

It had been a year since the incident, "Mum, Dad! Will you return to Poseitheas?" I questioned. "Poseitheas already have their queen! Your mum and I would like to spend our days in this peaceful land!" my dad answered as he kissed my mum's hand. I smiled; "How are the tribes?" my dad questioned. "Still debatable! For now, everyone seemed to be pleased with their province!" I tried to smile. "Finally, you understand the duty of the king to his kingdom!" my dad chuckled. "Queen!" I rephrased. "How are you with the boys?" my mum asked keenly. My parents decided to leave the palace and have their small little cottage.

"We have been busy!" I smiled. "When was the last time?" my mum continued. "Mum!" I blushed. "Few months back!" my cheeks reddened. My parents were astounded. "So long! How did you suppress your desire for them?" she continued asking. "Last time, even a day, you will grumble to me!" my mum did not stop. "Alright, my dearest mum! I have been busy with my duties so are they! We missed each other but our duties to our kingdom come first!" I answered and my dad stood up clapping his hands loudly. My mum stood up and pulled his right ear; he winced in pain. "I dare you to clap again! I want our daughter to have a peaceful life not a hectic one and I want grandkids!" my mum blurted. "Grandkids? Not time yet!" I chuckled but my mum was dead serious.

"Alright! I will try to discuss it with them!" I answered lazily. "Discuss? Why do you need to discuss having a child? Just go and make some!" she growled. "Stop suppressing yourself!" she continued. Alpha like my parents and I can control our birth system; and it is not the right timing now. I can suppress their seeds from fertilizing with my eggs; hence, I must be very careful. I have been suppressing although they filled me plenty of times. Only our mates can make us bear their children; I was very worried when I was a mortal as I was not able to control it, but I did not get pregnant. "Mum! When I am ready, I will allow it!" I tried to defend myself. "Rose! You will need to bear heirs! You wanted so badly when you were young!" my mum continued. "That was when I was young, I have no duties to fulfill that time!" I realized I have a meeting with the tribes. "I am going to be late!" I hugged my parents before going back to the sea.

"Your highness! Aurum is making threats again! The queen had tried to poison the ocean consistently!" Kieran growled in rage. He is my right-hand man and my loyal siren. He was Sia's younger brother and he has a strong hatred towards Aurum. "Which part of the sea? I will go there immediately!" I answered. "The south coast and it is spreading to the Southwest and Southeast province! We have evacuated most of the merfolk in that province!" he continued. 

"Your highness, rumors are spreading that Alon has been conspiring with the Queen of Aurum to take you down!" Eldoris, the blue-haired merman. "Alon? The leader of the Southwest province?" I asked. He nodded, "Where is him now?" I questioned. "He vanished like thin air! No news about him at all!" Pearl, the leader of the Southeast province. "I tried to subdue it, but poisoning worsen! Some of my people were affected and they died miserably! Their flesh putrefied completely within days!" she continued. She is one of the strongest merfolk in this kingdom. She has short bob silver hair with masculine features. "I will go there immediately to assess the situation! Pearl continue your search for him! I want him alive!" I ordered. "Yes, your highness! Thank you for your concern!" she replied and bowed.

After the meeting dismissed, I went to find Calder. "Your highness!" he greeted. I smiled; "I need to be at the South coast immediately!" I commanded. Calder nodded and he begins chanting a spell. I have reached the South coast and I saw the sea was polluted by black fluids; I saw a few lifeless sea creatures. I raised my hands and the black liquids were extracted and I propelled the black liquids into the kingdom's water supply. The sea returned to its cleanliness and I brought the dead creatures to the shore as they sank deep into the sands. To protect my kingdom, I raised my both hands and the sea near the shore molded into sharp ices and I enforced by sharpening the ice as high as the cliff. I noticed the queen was darting her eyes at me as she stood by the window. I ignored her and swam away. Nudity was not a taboo among the merfolk, but I usually wear my crown and a gold amour covering my breast to show my royalty status. I have commanded some of the sirens to guard the province and to inform me of the latest informations.