CHAPTER 13 - Proposal

I tried to act like nothing had happened and pretended that everything was fine. "Your highness!" Xavier knocking gently against the door. "Yes!" I answered while getting ready. I put on a low cut fiery red gown. "King Silas has arrived!" as he opened the door and bowed. He was astonished by my appearance "Why with that formal attitude?" I chuckled. Xavier came and wrapped his large arms around him; "You look beautiful!" he complimented. A moan almost escaped but I managed to hold it. "Come!" he smiled as he grabbed my hand. I felt dejected.

"Greetings, Queen Rose!" King Silas from Magna greeted. Xavier stood beside me as I sat on the throne. "Greetings, King Silas! How may I help you?" I questioned. "Your highness, our alliance has been great all these years and you have helped my kingdom dearly." He stated. "That's what friend do!" I smiled. He chuckled. "You have agreed with my memoranda." He continues. "Yes!" I smiled."This is my eldest son, Prince Ezra of Magna." he introduced as a tall charming man stood forward. He was craved handsomely, sharp jawline, brown eyes, short dark brown hair, wide shoulders, physically fit as if her trained daily. His muscles were large and robust.

I sensed Xavier's muscles tensed beside me. I looked up at him before turning to the king. I could see that the prince was not impressed nor willing to be wedded with me. I swallowed hard; "Is everything alright, dear Prince?" I asked as I stood up, approaching him. "Greetings, your highness! I am very fine! Thank you for your deepest concern." he greeted with that husky deep voice and bowed slightly. "Many suitors came but the queen has refused them! She will refuse your proposal too!" Xavier interfered. King Silas narrowed his eyes and glared at Xavier. "I apologize for his disrespectful manner!" I confronted as I glared at Xavier; then turning back to the Prince.

I held my hand in front of Prince Ezra; he grabbed my hand gently and I felt a jolt of pleasure rushed through my entire body. Before he could kiss it, I yanked my hand away causing him to kiss the air. He was baffled; I was bewildered. Everyone was dumbfounded by my reaction especially King Silas. Another mate? I already having trouble with Xavier, this would only add chaos, or my desire has overpowered me that I would give in to any man? My mind was crowded with thoughts. "Sia!" I called. She came running; "King Silas, forgive me for my impoliteness. I am feeling under the weather. Sia, will bring you to your rooms and please have some rest after the long distance of travel. I will meet you all for dinner and I will give you my answers then!" I smiled and left abruptly.

Xavier ran after me but keeping his pace between us. "Your highness!" Xavier cried. "I need some rest! I am feeling dizzy." I lied. "Please leave me alone!" I mumbled. Xavier left. I sat on the bed; blank stared on the wall. I raise my hand and a pool of water flow in front of me. It turned into an orb-shaped; "Mum!" I cried out. I saw my mum's calm face looking at me. "What happen?" she asked worriedly. "Can we get overwhelmed by our mate scent that when we touch random guy; it will send the same sensation?" I questioned. "No! This only happens if you touch your mate! Other than your mate, their scent would just be a stench." She answered.

"Mum, what should I do? I just met another mate!" I grumbled as I bury my face in my hands. "What?" she screamed. "I think the moon deity is playing jokes with my life!" I sighed. "Don't mock the Moon deity!! Who is your other mate?" she questioned. "King Silas's eldest son, Prince Ezra!" I rubbed my temples. "What are you going to do?" she asked worriedly. "I don't know! That is why I am asking you, mum!" I answered. "You do know that if you reject any of them. The process is excruciating for both of you! Even if you are a human, mage, mermaid, or others if the bond is severed. You will feel empty! They may be your mates, but you might be their only mate! Even if they fall for another, your mating bond is stronger!" she explained.

My plan to reject Xavier just vanquished; I will not allow him to be in pain nor empty.I thanked my mum for her advice and I ended the conversation. I did not realize that it was already dinner time; I have wondered for a long time. Everyone was already on their respected seats. I went to my seat; "Greetings, Queen Rose! May I know what your answer is?" King Silas was very keen. I smiled slightly; "I will marry your son!" Suddenly, a loud thud on the table. Xavier stood up and stormed off furiously. "Does he have a problem with this?" King Silas questioned. "He is just being puerile!" I jested. We had our dinner and arrangement for the wedding was settled. My wedding will be in a week. Prince Ezra did not speak much during the dinner, but I noticed he has an intense vibe. King Silas, Prince Ezra, and their escorts returned to Magma for the wedding preparations. We will be married at Eradian instead of Magna.