CHAPTER 67 - Pregnancy Complications

Xavier was getting overprotective; he makes sure that there will be three warriors protecting me when he has to attend his duties in Eradian. Lucian took over my place again in Poseitheas. My parents were supportive; they help to babysit Adriel as I struggled with my pregnancy. I rushed to the bathroom for the third time, nauseous and retching. The child inside me was draining me internally. It was not only consuming my nutrients but also my blood. My body was weaker than usual. "Rose! Calder said you must drink some blood to satisfy this child's hunger!" Lucian mentioned.

I almost retched on him; with the thoughts of it. "Rose!" Lucian persuaded as he brought a bowl of fresh cow's blood. "No!" I growled. Xavier rushed in, "How are you, love?" he asked. "No good! The child is draining her internally! Look how pale she has become!" Lucian answered my behalf. "Rose, you have to drink the blood!" Xavier was worried. "I am not like you! How can I drink this disgusting metallic taste liquid!" I pushed the bowl away. Suddenly, Xavier rushed outside, and he came in with a maidservant. She was plump and her skin was milky white. My stomach twisted as if I craved for her.

"Be a good girl and allow the queen to feed on you!" Xavier's eyes turned red and the maidservant was compelled. Xavier sharpened his fangs and he bit her wrist, blood seeping from the wound. He brought her wrist towards me; I was hesitant at first, but the thirst worsened. I licked off the crimson red liquid of her wrist; it was sweet instead of metallic; the smell was tantalizing instead of stench. I didn't realize I licked her dry until Xavier's whispered on my left ear. "Enough for today, little one!" his voice was commanding but calming my thirst at the same time. Lucian's eyes widened; "You wanted human's blood instead?" he questioned. I shrugged; I was baffled myself; "Human's blood taste better compared to animal's blood!" Xavier exclaimed.

"But she can't feed either on you or me!" Xavier growled in frustration. "Your blood is a curse; my blood will kill the child instantly!" Xavier grumbled. "Hey, little one! Don't stress mummy up! She might turn into one if you don't behave!" Xavier muttered as he caressed my belly. "Turn?" Lucian asked. "I might have to turn her if the child keeps draining her!" Xavier muttered. Xavier was usually the fun, funny, and laid-back man but this pregnancy has transformed him into a grown-up man. Xavier called one of the warriors to our room; "Bring her back to her room! She must be present at her queen's chamber every evening!" Xavier ordered and the warrior nodded, gesturing the maidservant away. I am still in my first three months and it never been worst.

"Mummy!" Adriel called. "Yes, sweetheart?" I asked as I scooped him up sitting on my lap. "How do you make babies?" he asked with his eyes widened, overflowing with interest. Xavier ate his food calmly, but Lucian was coughing loudly. "Why don't you ask daddy!" I smiled. "Daddy!" Adriel exclaimed but both of them ignored him. "Lucian! Xavier!" I growled and their eyes looked up at me. "You want me to tell him about the bed part?" Xavier raised one of his eyebrows. "Bed? What bed?" Adriel continued with his wonders of questions. "We wanted a child so mummy and daddy went to the bakery and bake you up!" Lucian's answer was dull-witted. "Lucian!" Xavier growled. "Son, when you grow older, I will tell you everything but not now, you are still young!" Xavier answered and Adriel nodded. "By the way, ignore what Daddy Lucian said! He is joking!" Xavier grinned. "Baking is too easy!" Xavier laughed at himself. "Hey, baby! Faster come out, I want to play with you! I have a lot of toys!" Adriel mumbled as he patted my belly gently.

Months passed by quickly, my body gets weaker each day and my belly got larger. I went to the sea often to heal myself, but the child drained me almost immediately. I could barely walk; just standing I felt like fainting. I have reached my third trimester and its time. "Rose!" Xavier held my hand tight. "Push, your highness!" one of the midwives cried. This time they were more anxious. "I can't! I am exhausted!" I cried. My body barely able to push; I have dilated ten centimeters, but the effort was weak. "One of you, come here now!" Xavier roared. One of them hurried towards Xavier. "I have no time to compel you, but her highness pulse is getting weaker! I need your blood!" He yanked her hand as he penetrates his fangs onto her skin and blood flowing, she cried.

"Rose, drink it!" he instructed but I turned away. I could barely think, and he wants me to drink now. I cried as the pain worsened; the cramping, the pressure was intolerable. Tears falling down my eyes, sweat drenching my whole body and I felt like my core is going to be torn apart. "Rose, drink it or I will change you!" Xavier threatened. He yanked her hand near towards me, allowing the blood to drip into my mouth as I swallowed it lightly. I felt strong energy flowed inside me and push as hard as I can. Finally, I heard cries of a child as the pressure and pain vanished. "Congratulations, your majesty! Your highness! It's a boy!" the maidservant smiled as she cleaned the child and wrapped with the thick fluffy cloth. "He is beautiful!" Xavier smiled as he cradled the child. The maidservant did the cleaning and left us. "Rose!" Lucian barged into the room.

He just came back from Poseitheas as his body was still drenched. "I am so sorry, love!" he cried as tears falling from his cheeks. "The child has his eyes and your hair!" Xavier mumbled. I did not feel empty, but I felt contended. "Adriel!" Lucian called and the little one ran towards us, climbing on the bed. "You have a younger brother!" Lucian smiled as Adriel's eyes widened; "He is too small!" he smiled as he asked Lucian to carry him so he could have a better look on his brother. "Hey, baby brother! I love you!" he gave a small peck on the child's forehead. "Thank you, love!" Xavier's eyes were watery.

"I need to feed him!" I muttered. Lucian nodded; "Hey, Adriel! Let mummy have some rest!" Lucian informed as he took Adriel out of the room. Xavier placed the child in my arms. I kissed the child; I placed the child's mouth over my breast, and he began suckling eagerly. "Does it produce blood too?" Xavier wondered as he stared closely at my breast. "No!" I answered tiredly. "I will get a maidservant for you! She will offer her blood for him!" Xavier smiled as he kissed my forehead hard. "Thank you, love!" he wiped my tears, my sweats. "What name would you like to name him?" I asked. "Valerian! It means strong and healthy." He smiled as he turned to me. "I promise you, my love! This child will receive my undying love!" he smiled as he caressed Valerian's fragile head. I smiled at him.