CHAPTER 23 - Mate Me

"Your eyes! They were like his" I pointed at the ashes that were blown away by the wind. "You must have seen wrongly!" he mumbled and tightened his grip. "How did you know that I am here when I searched for you the whole day!" I questioned, ignoring the scene that just occurred. "I felt your tensed aura!" Ezra planted a kiss on my forehead. I pushed him away; "Let me go!" I growled. Ezra was baffled; his eyes widened as he lost his grips on me. "I was doing fine by myself! I do not need any help; not from you nor Sia! I have settled the matter by myself! It' you! You need help!" I shouted. 

Ezra's eyes narrowed; "What do you want, Rose?" his voice deepen. "It has been almost a year, Ezra! You kept saying you cannot lose me, but you kept avoiding me! You never once told me why? Why can't we mate? If you have told me earlier that we cannot mate, I would not let Xavier go! I would not lose another mate. It was your jealousy that frightens me. I was afraid of Xavier's safety and his life. You kept using your sorcery, binding me to the bed, stripping me off in public. When I needed you badly, you just left! You never once slept in the same bed with me! I know you and I are bonded; you can read my mind; feel my auras but you never let me into your heart! You never loved me; it was all just lust!" I blurt out everything.

Ezra stood there; "You got in all wrong, Rose!" he replied. "Fine! If I am wrong, then make love with me this instance!" I demanded. "No, I can't!" Ezra turned away. I fell on the ground, despair hits me. "Then, leave me!" I mumbled as tears flowing down my cheeks. "Rose, you are my gift! I would not leave my gift!" he answered as his eyes darkened. "Gift!" I scoffed. "More like a prisoner!" I continued. Suddenly, I felt Ezra's weight on me, and I was flat on the ground. "My prisoner? I was given a prophecy that my mate would be borne in the sea. She is the last heir of the sea. I saw you when you are still an infant. To protect you, I told your parents to keep you away from this world, but it seems your stubbornness brought you here. I kept looking after you, your clumsiness, your recklessness! I even have to protect you from being eaten alive by the shark because you were still fragile." He poured out.

 I was dumbfounded; "Do you know how much it hurts me seeing you just thinking of someone else when you are with me? I never once love another woman! I tried many times, but you appeared everywhere. Your aquamarine eyes just popped in my head. I even tried to fuck some other ladies, but you just appear in front of me somehow. Tell me what have I done wrong to love you? I am still trying to adapt myself that my mate has other mates." He snarled as he licked my neck. "Do you know how badly I want to fuck you? To make bear my children?" he sucked the flesh on my neck roughly; I moaned softly. "But it's not the time yet! I can't!" he stood up and he walked away.

I sat on the ground; teardrops falling down my face. I ruffled my hair and I ran to the sea. I swam deep into the ocean; I swam to the bottom of the sea. I wanted...I needed peacetime. I lied on the soft sand watching the fishes, octopus, and other sea animals in the sea. The soft, slimy seaweed tickled my tails as the ocean's wave. I felt calm for a while, but I needed answers from my parents. I swam to the palace and my parents seem to have expected my presence. "Mom, Dad!" I greeted. "Rose, we have to tell you a few things!" my dad explained. "How do you know?" I asked. "It's King... Sorry, I meant Prince Ezra just informed us that you went back home, and he wants us to make sure that you are doing fine!" he continued. I shrugged; "I don't want to talk anything about him! He is none of my business!" I mumbled. 

"Rose, he is one of your mates! Don't be immature!" my mum advised. "He was here the moment you were borne. You should have seen him that day, the joy in his face. He was the one who gave the necklace to you, the one I gave you on your wedding with King Lucian. This necklace that you are wearing now is his vow to you and us! He promised his life to protect you as danger will come when you are with him. He did come to visit you once a while but his duties to his kingdom, prevented him from coming often. We thought that King Lucian was Prince Ezra until we met him realizing it was a different man. But Prince Ezra made us kept a promise to not interfere with your love life and he will find his way." My mum almost wept. "How was he able to breathe underwater?" I query.

 "He used his sorcery!" my mum answered. "Then, why won't he mate with me?" I questioned as I held my mum's hand tightly. "That you need to ask him yourself!" my dad interrupted. "How old is he?" I questioned. "Well, he is almost similar to our age!" my eyes widened as my mum informed. "Rose don't be self-centered! He has his feelings too! Go back to him and console him! He has endured enough pain!" my dad advised. I bid them goodbye and swam to the shore. I realized I was too distracted that I left my dress on the shore and the sea has swept them away.