CHAPTER 9 - Second Mate

At the entrance of the dungeon, a horrible stench filled my nostrils. I growled in annoyance. As we entered, the dungeon was filled with clanking sounds of metals and the dungeon gave me chills. I ignored those feelings and I reached in front of the bald man's cell. Sia brought me a wooden chair to sit. "Where is your wife?" I questioned. The bald man gave a sinister smile; "I sold her away as the boy said! She made me bucks!" he grinned evilly. "I don't like to repeat!" I growled. A bucket of water was placed in front of me. "Tell me now or I will make you!" I roared. "She is dead! I sold her to fuck! Lastly, she was brought back to me, lifeless. I was about to do the same to this boy!" he chuckled. I was fumed. "Your highness let us make a deal! The boy is a virgin. Even I have not touched him. You release me and I will train him to be your sex slave!" he laughed.

I felt a strong surge of anger boiling; I raised my hand and the water swirling in the bucket. My eyes blazed with fury, I aimed towards him ignoring all his pleadings. The water turned into ice spears and darted on him hitting on the right area, his head, heart, and groin. The last one was for the boy's mother. I stood up; "Burn him!" I growled and left the place. Sia went to instruct the guards. She ran to keep up with my pace; "Just now in the center town, you did the same! You weren't able to control yourself!" she questioned.

 I sighed in apprehension; "The boy is my mate!" I growled. She stood dumbfounded; not moving a single limb. "So how are you going to control yourself?" she asked. I massaged my temples in frustration; "I don't know! No way am I going to mate with a boy! Well, not until he is older. Older as in an adult!" I frowned. "Well, this is your second chance to mate! To have an heir. You are the last heir to both Poseitheas and Eradian." She tried to smile. I was getting annoyed instead. "Help me, will you?" as I grabbed her both hands. "Teach me to control my hunger for lust!" I squeezed her hands tightly. "I apologize for your highness, but I do not have such kind of ability." She answered as she tapped my hands softly.

We did not realize that we have reached the palace. I saw the boy stood in front of me; he was dressed neatly. His dirty blonde hair was combed neatly, and his wounds and bruises were covered by his sleeves. "Thank you, your highness!" he thanked. My heart fluttered with that adorable voice. I smiled. He has a sweet aroma intoxicating me. "Come, let's eat!" I smiled as I grabbed his hand to the table filled with various dishes. "Dig in!" I smiled. Xavier gobbled up most of the food. Such a thin frame was able to eat that much food. "Xavier, do you have any relatives?" I questioned. He shook his head. "Would you like to live here in the palace?" I asked. He nodded happily. I smiled with his answer. I promised myself that I would protect him with all my might. I lead him to his room which was two floors below mine. I did not want him near me for now. That night I was struggling to sleep so I decided to visit my parents.

I dived to find them in the palace. "Rose, it's not even full moon but you are here! Is there anything that you need?" my mum asked. "No, I am free tonight, so I decided to visit!" I smiled. "Mum, I found another mate..." she interrupted. "This is wonderful! I need to inform your dad. He has been worried sick for you." She was excited. "Perseus! Come here, your daughter had a second chance!" she called loudly. My dad rushed to us; "Did I heard wrongly? Is it true, Rose?" my dad probed. 

I nodded slightly as I rushed my hands behind my neck; "But he is a boy! He is only fifteen and I still cannot find a way to forget Lucian! Lucian remained the man who owned my heart. All I have for the boy is lust. The lust to feed my hunger!" I growled in annoyance. "Fuck this mating thing!" I growled as I slumped on one of the corals. "Rose, words!" my dad growled in anger. My mum tried to soothe him. 

"Sorry! I am a two hundred years old mermaid who looks like I just reached twenty-seven years old. Touching the boy would be the last thing I ever want to do. Just thinking of it makes it sound so wrong. I cannot even fuck another man because he is not my mate! Their scent would turn me off!" I growled and quickly apologize to my dad due to the foul words I used. "Anyway, how can I have two mates? Isn't it two become one not three become one!" I questioned. "It doesn't seem to be three in one since Lucian has passed away." My mum said. Those words made me teared up immediately.