CHAPTER 80 - The Truth

"My babies!" I cried as I kissed each one of them. "Your highness!" I heard Calder's voice. "Calder! You are alright!" I cried as I pulled Calder to my embrace. "I am so sorry! I am sorry for Ezra. I am sorry for what Ezra did to you!" I muffled as he replied my hug. "Your highness, Thank you! His majesty didn't harm me!" he smiled a bit. "Where am I?" I asked. "Eradian!" Hera muttered. "Mummy, if we don't reach you any sooner; daddy Ezra will be dead!" Adriel continued. Suddenly, my head hurts badly. I remembered the whole incident. Tears falling down my eyes; "Where is he?" I cried. "He is in the dungeon!" Klaus muttered. "Freya and Azazel?" I asked. "In the dungeon!" Valerian answered. "I need to see Ezra!" I cried. "He marked you twice! Please don't reject him! He will die but you will die too!" Xavier cried. I bit my lips as tears falling. I wanted to reject him, but I can't be selfish, not to my family. "I won't! I need to see him!" I pleaded. "But you must go with us!" Lucian growled softly. I nodded softly.

Xavier grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers as Lucian followed us from behind. "How did you managed to conquer Aurum?" I mumbled. "Val! He has Ezra's blood, but his beast was manageable! Whereas Ezra lost to his beast!" Lucian growled softly. "Ezra has plenty of loyal bloodsuckers!" I was getting apprehensive. "Calm down, Rose!" Xavier comforted. "It was the sire bond! Valerian is the next true hair of Aurum! He has the sire bond. All he did was command them to bow and they bowed; not moving a limp!" Lucian continued. I didn't realize me asking so many questions that we have reached the cell in the dungeon. My eyes widened when I saw Ezra sitting in the cell with only one wing. "Rose!" he muttered weakly. "I am sorry!" he muttered. I cling towards Lucian's left arm. Lucian immediately wrapped his arms around my shoulder. "It's alright, love!" he assured. "I want the truth! Only the truth!" I mumbled.

Ezra's blood-red eyes looked up at me; "I fail you! I lost control of my beast. That night, I completed my mating with you but not my beast! I restrained him from coming out! Everything was going so well until that night when you were ambushed by the vampires. The only way I could control them is by releasing my beast. When I free my beast, it took control of me. When it happened, the bond broke because we never mated, not with my beast. I felt emotionless, I felt empty. I wanted to feed badly; I can't control my thirst. I searched for you, but my mind was vague. When I regained my conscience, I heard your voice screaming. I was puzzled by the maidservant being naked underneath me. I knew I need to get you back, but I felt Aurum's threatening to you. Freya was cultivating dark magic. The magic was reaching its surge, so I had to return to Aurum. My beast took over me completely. I returned to Aurum, my kingdom was in chaos. I sealed the dark magic with mine. I absorbed the power; I became even more ruthless. I have killed mercilessly. I never received any news outside Aurum. I wanted to make Aurum a better place but in vain. My memories of you were gone! All I remembered was your name and your hair color. Then, I met my slave. He has your light brunette hair, so I named him Rose. I married Freya for the sake of Azazel. I never once touch her, I only compelled her to gain her trust. Azazel is Dimitri's son and I was going to let him rule when he is older so I can die in peace. But, that day, Calder went across the border. Only he stepped into the border. Your scent lingered around him. I remember you immediately. I saw your children as they have your looks. Calder's scent was strong. I went berserk thinking that you have mated with him instead. My power is stronger than ever especially when I absorbed the dark magic. I managed to paralyze all of your children even Valerian. I felt his strength, he is strong...very strong. I took Calder as captive because I now you will come. When I saw you, your scent was exhilarating! My beast took over, he yearns for you, he longs for you. My hunger worsened when you came; so, I took my slave in front of you because I was afraid, I will hurt you. When I tasted you, my body went frenzied! But you rejected my beast repeatedly. It was not his fault, it was mine. I am sorry for hurting you badly. When I saw you kiss my slave, my anger fumed both my beast and me. I will kill everyone who tries to hurt you but, in the end, I hurt you the most!" he explained. I was not convinced; "Where is your wedding ring?" I asked. I noticed he never took off our wedding ring, he pulled it from his ring finger and tossed it to me. "If you lie, I will never forgive you!" I muttered. I closed my eyes as I command the water and it made an orb; I tossed the ring into the orbs. I saw everything that happened in this ring. Xavier and Lucian saw it too as I allowed it to happen. He did not lie. He was telling the truth. Tears falling, "He is telling the truth, Rose!" Xavier uttered. "Rose!" Lucian gestured towards Ezra's cell. "It's your choice!" they mumbled together. "Please Rose!" Ezra begged. "Don't leave me! I can't leave another day without you!" he pleaded. I touched the gate; freeze the lock and the gate opened. Ezra stood up but I stepped back. He halted his movement. "Let's try to start again!" I muttered softly. Ezra smiled weakly and I left the gate open. I walked away from him; just to be stopped by Freya's voice. "Let us go!" she growled. Azazel snarled his fangs at me; Xavier's transformed into his beast form and growled as Azazel. "Behave!" Lucian roared. Azazel flinched away to Freya's embrace. "If you didn't hurt my people! I would have easily let you go!" I muttered as I left.