CHAPTER 65 - Mask This Child

I woke up on the bed; Xavier and Lucian rushed to me immediately. "Rose!" they called. I avoided them, hugging myself at the head bed. "Where is he?" I cried. "He has returned to Magna!" Xavier sighed. Suddenly, my parents barged into the room. "Rose! We saw the ocean rumbled!" my mum embraced me tightly. "Mum!" I cried on her shoulder. "That bastard!" my dad growled. "Where is he?" he continued. "I want his head!" he roared. "Perseus!" my mum growled at my dad.

"Rose!" he embraced me tightly. "Where is the maidservant?" I questioned. Xavier was hesitant, but "He left with her!" he muttered. I closed my eyes and it hurts my heart terribly. My parents refused to leave me, but Lucian and Xavier managed to assure them that they will be with me all the time. "Mummy?" I saw my little Adriel walking into our room. "Why are you crying?" he cried as he climbed up the bed. I grabbed him and clutched him in my embrace. "Mummy loves you! I love you very much!" tears falling down my cheeks. "Mummy don't cry! I will protect you!" he wiped my tears with his little palm.

Adriel slept with us that night. I woke up in the morning, Lucian and Xavier didn't leave me. I wanted to return to Poseitheas but they prevented me from leaving myself. Lucian followed me wherever I go and Xavier remained at Eradian with Adriel. Both Eradian and Poseitheas knew about the betrayal and the news spread fast. Within a week, Bellicus and Magna knew about the incident. Aurum; I don't care about Aurum. I swam to Aurum and I raised my hand, forming a high thick ice wall surrounding Aurum that nothing can penetrate like my cold heart.

I did everything to forget Ezra including building the walls around Magna. My people as astounded when I created the wall between Magna and Poseitheas. King Silas never once approached Lucian regarding the wall. But, little did I know; I was in my kingdom with Lucian when I felt a tribble cramping pain at my lower abdomen. I cried while grasping my lower abdomen. My eyes widened when I knew what was happening; tears falling my eyes. Lucian held me tightly as I cried. "Rose!" he muttered as he placed his hand on my abdomen. "I need to find Calder immediately!" I swam to Calder. "Your highness!" he greeted. "Help me! Masked this child's scent and erase away Adriel's memories of Ezra!" I cried. "Your highness?" he asked astounded. "Just do it!" I growled. He placed his hand on my belly, chanting spells. "This is to protect this child from his dad!" I cried.

"It's done, your highness!" he bowed as he gazed at me. "I know what to do!" I nodded and swam away. "Do what?" Lucian swimming after me. "I will tell you when we reached the palace!" I answered as tears kept falling down my cheeks. After everything, I tried to forget him but now, I am bearing his child. This child is innocent, and I will cherish him as I cherished my Adriel. I will pamper him, and I will never tell him about his bastard dad.

When we reached the palace; Adriel ran to me; "Mummy, you are home!" he embraced me tightly. "Daddy Lulu!" he giggled as Lucian ruffled his hair. Xavier walked towards us; his eyes darkened. "Xavier, I..." "I will do it!" he answered. "Do what?" Lucian asked. "I will mask this child with my scent!" Xavier answered. "I can do it too!" Lucian muttered. "But when the child grows, it will realize that you are not it's dad but for me, I have the bloodline of the Dracula; so, it may not notice," Xavier explained.