CHAPTER 61 - Duties

"It's time for me to return to my duties!" I informed Lucian. "It has been almost three years since I return to my kingdom!" I muttered softly. Lucian nodded; "Alright!" "I will be back at lunch!" I smiled. "Ezra!" I gazed at him. "No worries! I will take care of our child!" he smiled as he placed a kiss on my forehead. Adriel came running towards me; "Mummy!" he cried as he knew I will need to leave him for a while. "Be a good boy! Listen to daddy!" I smiled as I embraced him tightly, kissing his chubby cheeks. I have never once left my little love until today, despite its only half- day. It felt like forever. "Daddy Ra!" he finally understood, and he stretched his arms towards Ezra; even with tears falling his cheeks. He still couldn't pronounce Ez so he called Ezra as Ra. He called Xavier as Daddy Xa and Lucian as Daddy Lulu. It's adorable when he called Lucian as Lulu. I left the cove.

"Greetings, your highness! It's great to have you back!" Kieran greeted with a wide smile. I bowed and smile. "Congratulations on the birth of the prince! The whole kingdom rejoiced when his majesty announced the birth of the prince!" he continued. "Thank you!" I smiled. "How is the prince? When would you bring him here?" Kieran asked excitedly. "Soon! When he is older, I am not sure if he is a merfolk!" I chuckled. "Your highness, you have a very strong bloodline! He is part- merfolk!" Kieran reassured. I grinned. "What are the latest updates?" I asked as I sat on my throne.

"Your highness!" the rest of my council greeted. "Alon had been captured and sentenced to death by his majesty!" Kieran informed. "Did you managed to dig out any important information?" I questioned. "Your highness, he was the one who helped Freya to poison the South coast. He left the spelled object deep in the sand that's why we were unable to locate the origin of the poisoning." Pearl informed. "Your highness, the object was a skeleton of a merman who was sacrificed to chant this dark spell!" Nalu continued. "Whose skeleton was it?" I asked. "His son!" Nalu answered as he clenched his fist with fury. "Your highness, Alon sacrificed his son to spell this kingdom! Freya promised him this kingdom if he helped her destroy your empire!" Eldoris continued.

My eyes darkened as I felt a strong fury surfacing inside me. "His family? Do they know about this? How old was his son!" I continued. "His family knew about it, but they decided to be silent and his son was only three years old at that time!" Eldoris explained. "This made his majesty furious and he sentenced Alon's family to death!" Kieran informed. "How about Freya's threats?" I asked. "She has been coming up with something more malevolent!" Kieran continued. "Isn't she a mortal?" I frowned. "Your highness, the mages in Aurum has been cultivating a strong dark magic! Freya has gone berserk! She had been killing innocence to cultivate this dark magic!" Pearl continued.

I massaged my temples just with the thoughts of Freya. "Your highness, there is a rumor that the king of Aurum is at Eradian. Some said he is one of your mates!" Nalu queried. My eyes widened; I can't lie to them, my council. "Yes, but he is not interested to be king!" I muttered. "Your highness, he may be our only solution!" Pearl exclaimed. "Nonsense! I won't allow any of them to put their foot in that filthy kingdom!" I growled and my councils bowed their heads, looking down. "Dismiss!" I roared as I swam from my palace. I will never allow anyone to go to Aurum; it's like making them meet their death. I swam to the cove; Ezra was babysitting Adriel. My eyes soften as I saw my little prince making a sandcastle. "Mummy!" he cried when he sensed my presence. He ran towards me; Ezra chased after him, my eyes widened worrying that he might hurt himself.

"Adriel! You will fall!" I yelled but Adriel was giggling as Ezra managed to hold him. Adriel struggled in Ezra's hold. "Mummy!" he cries loudly. "Hey, you want to go to mummy?" Ezra asked. "Please take me to mummy!" he showed his most adorable puppy eyes. Ezra chuckled; "Don't run! I will bring you to mummy!" Ezra loosened his grip as he put Adriel down and held his little hand. They were adorable. The walked slowly into the sea, suddenly, Adriel's legs transformed into a small little tail suitable for his size. "Mummy!" he swam towards me. "Mummy, I have a tail!" he giggled as he planted a kiss on my cheeks. Adriel's tail was black onyx similar to Lucian's eyes. "His tail color is magnificent!" Ezra exclaimed as Adriel swam encircling us. I felt Kieran's presence. "Kieran!" I mentioned.

"Your highness, the council prompt me to ask his majesty..." "Enough! I know what to do!" I growled. Adriel swam behind me, hiding behind my shoulder, lifting his head slightly looking at Kieran. "Your majesties!" Kieran bowed in front of Ezra and Adriel. "It's alright, Adriel! This is Kieran; mummy's good friend!" Ezra mentioned as Adriel clutched onto Ezra's right arm. Adriel swam towards Kieran; he was afraid of Kieran's features as a siren. "Your majesty!" Kieran smiled with his sharp teeth. Adriel encircled Kieran for quite a while, fascinated by his features. "He has your inquisitiveness!" Kieran laughed. Ezra chuckled as he once got infuriated by my curiosity.