The Breaking Point

Saturday 10th of June.

Sasuke lifted his head up with the little energy he had left. They had been training for almost a full afternoon now and they were both too tired to train with Sakura. All of that was Naruto's fault. He was the one who got so bored at lunch time that he dragged Sasuke to the training field earlier than expected.

They both obviously didn't fully show the extend of their power fearing that they will destroy the landscape and possibly the village but they still fought very hard. The rule was to stick to Taijustsu instead of ninjutsu to avoid any complications with Kakashi who would've definitely been mad at them for scaring the villagers with their blows. Sasuke had to admit to himself again that Naruto was definitely his equal. He didn't know when they started to have the same strength or how it happened but he couldn't stop himself from feeling a bit of admiration. To this day he remembered the Naruto who couldn't even make a shadow clone but today he was known as the Hero of the Leaf Village. He was impressed.

He looked at the one who he could call his friend and realised that his teammate was already staring back at him smiling. Sasuke smirked a little remembering the two previous fights they had. It was the third time they fought each other but for the first time they didn't have the intention of physically hurting the other.

Sasuke spent the last two years wondering how they got where they were today. He came to the conclusion that after his brother's death he had already been moved by a lot of emotions that he never had to face and seeing Naruto going to this extend to get him back shook him to the core. No one, other than him and Sakura, had shown that much affection for him in his life.

Even after these two years he still couldn't understand why they cared so much about him. He had left them, turned his back on them, tried to kill them and the list goes on. A part of him felt like he didn't deserve being in that field facing Naruto. He realised that not only did he not deserve Naruto's affection but he also didn't deserve Sakura's. Affection that she wasn't giving him anymore.

He was well aware that he had pushed things really far with her and now he wanted to make it up to her but he had no idea how. After last night he had a feeling that things were different with her. He wasn't good at understanding people's behaviours but he could tell that something was off. She had declared her love to him times and times again, she had showed admiration for him. Back in the days she used to look at him all the time, listen when he spoke or put him on a pedestal but last night things were different she was more... distant?

As the two now men stared at each other too tired to move Sasuke caught a bit of movement from his right side. Him and Naruto turned their heads simultaneously and barely had time to avoid the massive rock being thrown at them. They looked back to where it came from and saw a smiling Sakura, gloves on.

"Sakura-chan! You could've hurt us!" screamed Naruto.

"Well I could've healed you as well if I wanted to. I see you started without me but I am here now. Come on let's train!"

"Haaaaaaan I'm too tired."

"Naruto I will beat you up until you start fighting back if I have to. Get up and let's train. I had a long day I need to punch a few things... or someone." Sasuke saw a smirk on her face and chills went down his spine. She didn't mean him... or did she?

"Go train with Sasuke, I'll watch you."

"I want to train with you." she replied with a dry tone.

The man looked at his two teammates bickering. There it was again, the feeling that something was wrong. She usually would have jumped on the occasion of training with him or jumped on the occasion to get his attention but not today.