Just let me hold you

Sunday, 24th of May. Baby is 8 weeks old.

"What am I supposed to do?"

Sasuke stopped in his track and turned around to face the blonde woman.

"What?"

"It's been five days and Sakura's avoiding me. What am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know."

"Come on Sasuke. You do know..."

"I don't. It's your problem, not mine."

"Ok but can you talk to her about it? Tell her that me and her should talk?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because it's your problem, not mine. I'm heading back on mission today for a week or two. You will have her all to yourself."

"If she even wants to talk to me."

"Your problem."

"Does she know that you're going back on mission?"

"No, I need to talk to her about it."

"Good luck with that."

"Hn."

Sasuke walked back to the apartment slowly. He was dreading the conversation with Sakura. He promised her that he'll stay by her side until the baby gets to the age of when she was supposed to come out but Black Zetsu, or Kotaka, had been seen lurking around Tsuchigumo and Kakashi wanted him to go back and investigate. The deciphering team, on the other hand, had translated a good part of the new scroll and it was talking about one of the dimension. He knew that he had to investigate that too. How was Sakura going to handle the news? He had no idea but he knew that she wouldn't take it well.

He opened the door of her apartment and entered. He saw the light in the living room and walked in. She was laying on the sofa and turned her head to him with a smile.

"Hi! Sarada is asleep. Be quiet."

"We need to talk."

She rose her eyebrows and threw her legs out of the sofa to sit. Sasuke sat next to her and stayed silent. She knew that he had to see Kakashi because he was called into the Hokage's office early this morning and he had nearly spent the entire day there.

"So how was it?"

"Good. There are a lot of new information. Kotaka has been seen around Tsuchigumo."

"Let me guess, you were sent there?"

"Not only because of that but also because the scroll speaks about something hidden in one of the dimension. I am the only one who can go there, Sakura."

"I understand. How long is it going to take you?"

"Minimum two weeks but maybe more. I don't know."

"So we have to sacrifice our family for the village."

"We knew-"

"It wasn't a question. We are ninjas of the Hidden Leaf Village. Our role is to protect the village and fight for it. I understand if you have to go but please write a letter every now and then. I will send you pictures of Sarada or anything you want but don't forget about us."

"I won't forget the two of you. I promise you, I will be back as soon as I can. I won't be able to write you when I am in the dimension but I will send a letter before I go to it to let you know."