Arrival in the Lava Dimension

Wednesday 28th, Thursday 29th, Friday 30th of June

Sasuke was asleep next to Sakura and the kunoichi was looking at him worried. It had been three days since he passed out and even with the healing she provided he still wouldn't wake up.

He was alive and from what she had seen and his body was fine. She managed to stop the problem before it got too bad and she really hoped that the scenario that happened to the villagers wouldn't happen to him. If that was the case, there will be nothing she could do about it. Before entering into a panic, she took a deep breath. There was no point in assuming things. She could see that his chakra was flowing irregularly but the rest of his organs were fine. Now that he was asleep, she used the opportunity to check on his arm as well. Everything was going to be fine.

She stood up and looked around to make sure no beast was lurking. She needed to get some water and was about to leave Sasuke alone for the first time in three days.

She turned around and glanced at his body laying down under the wooden roof of a cave made by the roots of two trees. It reminded her of their chunin exam. Back then she had to protect the two of them but failed at it. If it wasn't for Lee, Shikamaru, Choji and Ino, she would've been dead.

She walked to the river and filled up a jar. Things were different this time, she was able to protect herself and protect him in case of an emergency like now. Her medical jutsu just saved his life and she wondered how he would've managed without her.

Once the bottle was filled, she decided to wash her face from the dirt and she cleaned the dried blood off her shoulder. The cold of the water felt nice on her skin. Once all cleaned up, she stood up and walked back to the cave.

Her mind was wandering while she walked and at first didn't realise that her teammate wasn't there anymore. Once she was close enough and paid more attention to what was around her, she saw the empty space and her heart pounded in her chest. She scanned her surroundings, still not seeing him she did the only thing that could be done in a situation like that. She screamed on the top of her lungs his name and waited. Not seeing him come back, she ran to pick up her bag: he was gone. Did he leave on his own? His bag was missing. How would anyone know which bag was his if not him. The anger slowly creeped into her body. Did he actually leave without her after what she did for him? It wasn't taking four steps backwards, it was ten at this point.

She ruminated while getting out of the cave and walked into the forest. How dared him leave her on her own. He was the reason why she was here! He wanted her to come. She...

"Sakura?"

She jumped around and faced a dumbfounded Sasuke. She raised her eyebrows at his expression.

"Why do you seem surprised?"

He frowned his eyebrows and stared at her. His eyes were still blank, empty of any emotion. He finally opened his mouth but close it right away. She knew that he was struggling to find his words and she was glad to see him like that. She wanted to let him struggle a little bit more smirking at him. He finally spoke.

"You said that you were going home after Hoshigakure. When I woke up I assumed that you did. I saw your bag but I remembered that you were the one carrying the provisions and medicine so... I don't know" he shrugged his shoulders."I thought that you left them behind."

The anger she previously felt faded away as quickly as it came. Of course he would think that. She stayed quiet for a minute thinking of what she could say to him.

"Well you passed out in the village and you weren't waking up. I healed you and waited." Remembering what she said during her fight she continued. "But now that you are fine I should go..."