Recovery

Sunday, 24th of December.

Sasuke worriedly strolled around the city. Tonight was the Rinne festival and the tradition said that people should exchange gifts. It sounded nice but the issue was that he had nothing for Sakura. She was still in bed and was forbidden from leaving it but he wanted to make that day a little bit special.

He stopped in front of a shop and looked inside but nothing seemed good enough. He finally settled on buying a bit of food and went back to the inn. He had changed the room and moved to a room with private baths. They gave them the room with baths for pregnant women where the water was not as warm. It was a sort of little lake at the back of their room, surrounded by trees and lovely lights. Him and Sakura both settled on the idea of having private baths the day he had to tell her that she couldn't shower alone. They both assumed that taking a bath together while wearing their underwear will wash her.

He opened the door and found Sakura painting something while lying in her bed. "Did you put stains on the bed sheets again?"

"No, I'm practicing though!"

"What are you drawing?"

"A cat."

He sat and took a look at the drawing. "It looks like a mouse." She shut her head up looking offended. He chuckled to make her understand that he was joking. He was making an extra effort with his personality right now because she needed support and he was giving it to her as best as he could.

"I've never seen you draw something." she said with a faint smile. Her eyes looked tired from the amount of sleep that she was getting but he found it cute.

"What do you want me to draw?"

"Our wedding night!" He felt flustered. She wanted... an image of that?

"I don't know how to draw that."

"No! No, no, no! Not that!" her laugh echoed on the walls and it warmed up his heart in the process. He haven't heard her laugh like this in a while. He took that as a sign that the pills were working and her mind was getting more stable. "I meant the wedding."

He nodded. He had always been terrible at drawing things so he was already embarrassed for the future result. He did as best as he could but the arms looked like cucumbers and Sakura's face did not look like hers. In fact it looked more like a monster than his wife. He hid the drawing when he realized that she wasn't looking at him. He quickly did another sketch and purposely messed it up fast.

"Hn."

"Oh, that's... beautiful. What did you do with the other one?"

"There is no other one."

"I saw it! Give it to me!"

She jumped on him and pinned him to the bed. He furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you doing?"

"Give it to me!"

"No."

"Why?"

"Let's take a bath."

"Not before I see the drawing."

"Do what you want but I'm going to take a bath."

He pushed her aside and stood up to get undressed. His hand quickly hid the drawing in the inside pocket of his shirt. He kept his underwear on and walked into the lukewarm water. He stayed there until the sun was starting to set and his silence was interrupted by a giggling Sakura.