You're home now

*****

Sasuke woke up with a banging headache. He grimaced at the pain on his shoulder. It became unbearable. He needed to get back to Konoha so someone could take care of his wounds and fast. He had no idea how long had passed since he had fallen asleep but the hunger he felt made him think that he hadn't eaten in at least two days.

He struggled to stand up and ran on the top of the cliff by concentrating chakra under his feet. Once up there, he quickly took a chakra pill out and summoned his hawk. He knew that he wouldn't have long before the sensory type ninja would realise that he was still on the island.

His hawk appeared majestically in front of him and he jumped on his back.

"Back to Konoha!"

He looked back at the island one more time, the wind whipping his face and sighed. He knew that one day he will have to come back there eventually but for now, he needed to be healed. Konoha was only three days away.

------------------------------------------------------

"Hokage-sama, please let me..."

"How many times do I need to tell you to call me by my name?"

"Excuse-me, Kakashi-sensei. I'll ask you again, let me travel to Suna with Ino. We need to see how our clinic is doing over there and maybe land a hand especially after the event of last night."

"The hawk has been sent to Lord Kazekage. He will be the one deciding of your venue. For now I cannot authorise the two of you to travel there. There is enough work here in your clinic, Sakura."

Sakura clenched her fists. She wanted to get out of the village for a while. But what she wanted did not matter, if the Hokage wasn't going to let her then she wouldn't be able to. She looked at Ino who shrugged her shoulders at her.

"Well, let's go for some tea and food then." her friend said.

Sakura followed her out. On their way around the village, they bumped into Hinata who was carrying bags on her own.

"Hey Hinata! You shouldn't be carrying these, you're pregnant. Give them to me." shouted Ino.

"Oh... hi Ino, hello Sakura..."

Ino grabbed the bags off her hands and gave one to Sakura.

"You want to come with us for some tea?" the pinkette offered. It had been a while since she spent some time with her and Hinata was such a sweet girl.

"I... I'd love to."

Sakura passed her arm around her shoulders and brought her closer to her.

"Soooo when are you coming to the hospital for a check-up? I'd love to be the one doing it!"

"It's... it's tomorrow."

"Come to my office and we'll go together to the exam room."

Ino pushed open the door of the tea and cake restaurant and the three girls walked in. They sat down at a table the blonde facing Sakura and Hinata.

"Sa-Sakura tell us about your travels."

"Oh you know not much happened! We travelled to a blown up village then we moved to a dimension for twenty days... Basically nothing."

"What do you mean by "basically nothing"? The girl has practically dated Sasuke but sure it's nothing."

Sakura glared at Ino.