Drinking her Way to Forgiveness

Tuesday 13th of June

Sakura opened her eyes in her dark bedroom. It had been three days now since she broke down in front of Sasuke. The accumulation of exhaustion had taken a toll on her and so she slept for what felt like the three days. Soldier pills were great but they really had their downfall.

She took the days off at the hospital supported by Tsunade. She didn't even have the strength to get out of bed anymore. She was ashamed of herself and she was mad that she even gave him the time of the day especially after she told herself that she would ignore him. The more she thought about it the more she came to the conclusion that she will never be able to get over him. It was frustrating for her to realise that no matter how hard she tried his actions were still deeply affecting her.

Ino's girl friends talked about it in front of her and all admitted that they never got over their first love. Was it how it was going to be now? Will he forever hold a special place in her heart? Did that mean that whoever she was going to end up with, will she always be thinking of him? Ah, she wished he had never came back. But he was here now and she didn't have a choice but to deal with it.

She rolled over and looked at the window. Through the curtains she could see the shining sun. This land never knew any storms, it was always beautiful and she usually matched the weather but these days she didn't want to. Her mood was dark and so was her energy.

A knock at the door made her heart pound louder in her chest.

"Hey, it's Ino. I'm comin' in."

She sighed. The woman didn't want to see anyone.

"Where're you?"

She didn't reply hoping that her best friend would just got away. Her hope didn't last long and before she knew it the blonde woman was facing the bed.

"You look like a mess. Come on, go take a shower."

She grabbed her arm and dragged her out. The pinkette had no choice but to get into the bathroom. She knew her friend wouldn't leave her alone until she did what she wanted her to do.

The water on her skin did make her feel a bit better but the thoughts filling her mind kept her upset. She cleaned herself and it felt like something lifted off her shoulders.

Twenty minutes later she was dressed and ready to go.

"Where are we going?"

"For a drink." said Ino blankly.

"I don't think so, no."

"Did I say you get to choose?"

She winked and walked out of the apartment.

Sakura let out another sigh and followed her friend. She wanted to get it over with quickly so she could go back to her bed.

They walked for a while before they stopped in front of a bar.

"Ino, I'm a doctor and so are you, sort of. We really can't be caught drinking especially not during the day."

"That's why drinking now is the best idea. The place will be pretty empty, everyone is working so not a lot of people are in the streets and there's enough time for you to sober up before we leave this place. Follow me."

The pinkette could definitely go against that logic but she decided not to. Ino pushed Sakura inside and they both sat down next to a window.

The pink haired woman looked outside while the blonde girl ordered a bottle of sake. When the order came she poured it into two glasses.