I know what I feel

Wednesday, 27th of July

Sasuke had been moving from chair to chair following Sakura around the hospital. She could see him being strangely quiet while staring at her but she didn't really have the time to think about it because she had spent the whole day working being supervised by Kotaka. It was nearly seven pm and she was exhausted.

"For this patient we should simply give him herbs, there's no need to use our chakra."

She looked at him in despair. Of course she knew that already, there was no need for him to say it. Smile and be nice Sakura.

"Got it, do you want me to prepare the mixture?"

"Thank you, yes."

She walked towards Sasuke who was holding the bag of medicine she had brought with her from Konoha. She took it from him without looking at him. She didn't know what was going on with him but if he was in a bad mood she certainly didn't have the strength to deal with it right now.

She prepared what was needed and walked back there. She could see her friend staring at the scene in her peripheral vision.

"Drink that for a week. My assistant Sakura will make you one everyday. Get some rest now."

Sakura's teeth clenched until it hurt her. Assistant? He just called her his assistant. She took a deep breath and walked back to Sasuke. A week? there was no way she was staying here for a week.

Thankfully this was the last patient and it was finally the end of that very long first day. Before she had time to approach the raven haired man Kotaka spoke.

"Hey...I was thinking. Would you like to have dinner with me tonight? We can talk about the patients and you know... other things." He winked at her. She smiled a little bit. He was an attractive man, why not?

"Are you asking me on a date?" she was giggling playing with her hair knowing exactly what she was doing.

"Well yes. If that will make you accept my proposition then it's a date."

Sakura wondered for a minute if this was a good idea. She knew that she wanted to spend time with Sasuke, it was something she always knew deep inside but judging by his mood today she could sense that he'll be quiet for the entire evening.

She did say that she wanted to enjoy things as they were with him but now she wanted things to move in one direction or the other. Going out with someone might settle what her relationship with Sasuke will be in the future. Ino would tell her to go and Naruto would say no. She didn't know what the right choice was but she wanted to know more about the village so she could bring information to Kakashi. This place was so secretive that it wouldn't hurt to know more about them. She looked at Sasuke who seemed more annoyed than before.

"Do you mind, Sasuke?" she offered him her fakest smile. She was tired of his moody self.

"You do what you want."

A flash of pain crossed her eyes. She naively expected him to tell her that he did mind, that he wanted to spend the evening with her but what was she thinking? She turned back to Kotaka with a huge fake smile on her face.

"Then I'll be happy to! Let me just get changed and take a shower."

"Not that you need it but fine by me. I'll pick you up at the house."

She smiled and waved her goodbye. That man slightly annoyed her. He was so condescending when he was trying to flirt.

Feeling Sasuke's presence by her side she decided to swallow her pride and started a conversation.