The escape

Thursday, 21st of September.

Knock, knock, knock

Sakura looked at Sasuke who was in the kitchen by her side. Today she had a day off and they had decided to think of an investigation plan. What happened with Suto yesterday was concerning and Sakura wanted to do something about it.

She walked to the door a bit scared of whom it might be. She opened it to find a crying Suto on the other side of it.

"Sakura... I can't remember anything!"

"Are you ok?"

"No... I have no memory of the last week. Last thing I remember was having lunch with you."

"What's going on?"

Suto looked at Sasuke with her eyes wide open.

"The genjutsu was broken, somehow. Come in." replied Sakura.

Suto walked in and fell on the floor crying.

"What is wrong with me? You're a doctor!" she rolled up her sleeves and Sakura saw bruises covering her arms. "Help me."

She felt something on her shoulder and she turned around to see Sasuke. He was looking at her worriedly. She gave him a smile and helped Suto up. She brought her to the sofa and sat her down on it.

"Sasuke, heal her bruises, I'll make her some tea to calm her down."

He looked at her annoyed.

"Really?"

"You can do it now. I'll be right back."

She rushed to the kitchen and prepared a relaxing tea. Once she got back, she saw Sasuke still working on the bruises.

"Need help?"

"Hn."

Her hands handed the fuming cup to Suto. "Drink this and you'll feel better. If you can't remember anything it's because you were under a genjutsu."

"A genjutsu?"

"Your parents never taught you that? They were ninjas, right?"

"Yes but they didn't teach me anything. They thought that ninjas should just disappear."

They were looking at each other's eyes. Sasuke stood up and walked to the kitchen leaving her alone. Suto moved her hands and formed a series of hand seal. Sakura was too slow to react and she suddenly felt like she was floating. She lost control of her mind and closed her eyes. When she opened them she was in a purple room. She looked around but there was no exit at all.

"Sasuke? Suto?"

No one was here, she was all alone.

———————————————————————-

"Sakura!"

"She's fine. Look at me." Sasuke looked at Suto who was smiling. "I'm sorry, I genuinely liked this girl."

"You're the genjutsu caster."

A laugh filled the air.

"Wanna know what's even better? This genjutsu was created based on one of our special technique. The victim is placed under a box that I can make smaller as much as I want until the person is crushed. How fun is that? Do you want to see it?"

Sasuke looked at her moving her hands again and he felt his mind being disturbed but before she had time to perform her jutsu, he countered it and sent her to Itachi's Tsukuyomi. Sasuke wasn't as good as his brother with it but at least he had a way to make her pay for what she had done.