Countdown

!!! Trigger warning !!! mental health and description of what happened between her and Kotaka in italic. Skip the chapter if you are very sensitive to these things xx (anyone who has been/is victim of any form of abuse just know that you are not to take the blame for it! This chapter talks about how some people can process very heavy situation. Sometimes some people need to put the blame on the victim because it gives them a sense of control, like things like this don't happen if you avoid them. That's not the way it is, it is simply how some people react until they process the information. I had a feeling that Sasuke would be someone like this so that is how I portrayed it. Please keep that in mind when reading.)

Thursday, 5th of October / 5

Sakura woke up from a nightmare. They never stopped. Angry at herself for being so weak, she grabbed the jar of soldier pills. She took one. From now on, she didn't want to sleep anymore.

Sasuke was spying on Tsuchigumo from the forest. Nothing odd was happening. The village was the same as it always had. They were lifeless and completely mechanic.

Friday, 6th of October / 4

Sakura was lying down in her bed. The effect of the pill she just took was staring to giver her more energy. It was her 24th hour without sleep. She looked at the window and realised that the sky was dark with only the moon as company.

Sasuke tried to find some sleep but couldn't. He stared at the moon and sighed. He felt lonely.

Saturday, 7th of October / 3

Sakura cleaned her kitchen for the sixth time today. The entire place was spotless but she couldn't stop herself from cleaning it. Everywhere that she was looking at seemed dirty.

Sasuke finally found the motivation to go inside the village to get a better idea of what is going on in there when they don't know that someone is watching them.

Sunday, 8th of October / 2

Sasuke was hiding in the village of white Zetsus. Now that he knew the truth, Tsuchigumo seemed completely different and more menacing. He had never liked this place but it was worse now.

It was already late at night and it was the safest time for him to wander around. He walked through the streets trying to hear a conversation, find something or maybe discover something related to Kaguya but nothing. It felt like the whole village was dead now that the sun was down. Unconsciously, his feet brought him in front of the house he had stayed in with Sakura. The ground was still broken from her punch and the door was still opened. He looked around and walked inside.

Nothing had been moved. His fish were still in the kitchen but dead now. He laughed at the irony of it. These fish showed the moment when he got closer to her. It was around this time when he realised that he wanted to marry her. In a way, these fish were symbolising his relationship with her, but now they were dead, just like his marriage. With a ball forming in his stomach, he walked upstairs to her bedroom.

He walked in and remembered that, when he left, he didn't have time to fully pack her things. His hands wandered in the drawers and picked up the clothes left. All of them were still folded nicely. He frowned his eyebrows seeing the top that she was wearing the first day he had seen her when he came back to the village. He unfolded it and looked at the back. It had the crest of her clan on it. He swallowed with difficulty asking himself if she was wearing the Uchiha crest on her tonight. Was she sleeping with his t-shirt or with her own clothes?

He decided to fold it up again and brought the pile of clothes downstairs with him. He walked in front of the sofa and he struggled to keep it together. He was fighting against the memories that kept coming back. He was on a mission and needed to focus. As he walked back to his base camp, he walked in front of the wall that he saw in Kotaka's memory. As he looked at it, the picture of Sakura being forced against the wall invaded his mind.