A bittersweet birthday party

Wednesday, 31st of March.

"Why are we doing it here? We could've done it at my house."

"Because Sarada wanted to do it here." Sasuke replied while fixing the plate that Naruto had just put on the table.

"I don't get why."

"Because that's where she likes to be." he followed him to the next seat.

"It's a boring park with two swings and nothing else."

"She always liked this place." Sasuke was rolling his eyes. Naruto was being annoying.

"Yeah but-"

"When Boruto will have his birthday, you can do it at your house." Sakura cut off the conversation. Sasuke mentally thanked his wife as he corrected the napkin placement of Naruto.

"Yeah but-"

"Enough now. We won't talk about it any longer. Sarada said she wanted it it here, we will have it here."

"Six kids are gonna be here, six and we have two swings. That's not including all the adults."

"Ah look we'll turn the ground into mud and make them build mud castles or something."

Sasuke looked at his wife confused. Mud castle? What was she on about?

Her gaze met his and she let out a laugh. He sighed and corrected the position of another napkin that Naruto had just put down.

"Oh I know! We can make them throw Shuriken and stuff. They're gonna start the Academy in a few years, we need to prepare them."

"Weren't they supposed to start it in September?" asked Sasuke.

"They were but then Kakashi-sensei decided that we didn't need ninja now. They will start around the age of seven or eight." replies Sakura with a shrug of her shoulders.

Sakura interrupted her speech to wave at Hinata who was holding a baby in her arms. "Hey Hinata, come here! Come and tell your husband that telling children to throw Shuriken is a bad idea."

"Plastic Shuriken?" said Naruto with a pout.

"We live in a time of peace. We don't need to make them play this game so early in their life."

"Sakura is right. I don't want them to grow up with the feeling that they have to learn how to protect their life." Sasuke noted that Hinata's voice was as quiet as usual.

The two women nodded at each other with a smile. Sasuke didn't agree with them. He thought that there will always be a need to learn how to protect yourself, just in case. Maybe they won't face a threat like Madara in the future but there was a chance that a village will attack Konoha or that Kaguya wasn't completely gone.

"Show me the little Himawari!" Sasuke watched as Hinata put the baby in Sakura's arms. Suddenly he got a flashback of when she was holding Sarada and he didn't like the memory of that. Sure he liked seeing how she handled their child but there was so many horrible memories associated with it that he couldn't find the strength to turn this memory into a positive one.

"She's so different than Boruto. She's a lot calmer."

"Well, look at her... she obviously took it from you. She looks like you and Boruto looks like his dad."

"Doesn't he?"

"You have two beautiful children."

"Thank you Sakura-Chan!"

Naruto ran to them and took his baby back before him and Hinata walked away to see Boruto who was on the swing. Sasuke watched as Sakura walked around the table to stand by his side.