Reflection

Friday, 6th of May. Sarada is four years old.

"Sarada, time to wake up."

Sakura set the table after calling her daughter for the third time. Today was a big day for Sarada as she was going to train with Naruto and her friend Boruto. Sakura had wanted her daughter to have some sort of practice before starting the academy in a year and even though she was only four years old, Sakura remembered that at this age Sasuke was able to do a few things already. She was an Uchiha and she needed to follow her father's footsteps.

"Come on Sara-"

"I'm here." she spun around and faced her small daughter who was pressing her hand on her forehead. "Mama, I don't feel very good."

"Ah, no you're not doing this to me now. I know that you don't want to train with Boruto but that's how it is. Eat your breakfast."

"It's not Boruto. I don't feel good."

"Well, if you still don't feel well tonight, I'll give you something. Eat your breakfast, young lady."

She saw her daughter's pout. To this day, Sakura could not understand how her daughter went from sociable and friendly to everyone to what she was now. Sarada has turned into someone who would rather spend some time with her books instead of seeing her friends. Even though Sakura was missing Sasuke, she realized that a part of him, a big part, was in this child and that every time she was talking to her or looking at her, she was feeling his presence. A year... it had been nearly a year since he had left them and even Sarada was starting to forget him. She could still remember his name but that was about it. She remembered him as a father figure, but she couldn't remember things that they had done together.

At first she ignored him on purpose. She was mad at him for waiting a day to tell her that he was leaving. She could still remember the moment when he walked through the entrance door to leave the house.

"She watched her husband's back as he was all ready to go. It was early in the morning and for the first time since they got married, he slept on the sofa without her.

"So you're really leaving."

"I told you yesterday that I was..."

"A part of me hoped that you'd wait a little longer to fix things with me."

"Sakura, you know I care about our family and it's the reason why I need to go. It seems that Kaguya had never been the biggest threat."

"What do you mean?"

"Something bigger is happening and this is why I need to prioritize this mission. I hope that you will forgive me for leaving like this but if you don't, take care of our daughter."

The anger filled her body. She could not believe that he didn't care about fixing things with her and that he brushed it off and told her to take care of Sarada.

"Don't send any letters." she started to shout. "Don't send anything to us. You've made your choice, you've decided not to be a part of her life so go but don't come back."

"Is that what you really want or are you just angry?"

"For now, it is what I want. If I change my mind, I will let you know."

"I understand. Goodbye, Sakura."

"Goodbye, Sasuke.""

Sometimes she could imagine the door open on his beautiful face but a few seconds later, she always realized that he will not be coming back unless she sent him a letter to start a dialogue.