27 years old

Thursday, 10th of October. Sarada is five years old and Sasuke has been away for seven months. Naruto is turning 26. 

Seven months had passed since Sasuke had left the village. Sakura had to resume to her previous routine of working during the day while her parents were minding Sarada. The evenings were her family time with Sarada and they were eating, playing games and talking for a few hours. Her daughter, at first, often asked about Sasuke but now that time had passed, she probably came to the conclusion that he wouldn't come back and so she stopped asking about him as much as she used to. Sometimes she had moments when she was saying "Dada" but Sakura didn't know what to say to her. She didn't know what answer to give her, she didn't know how to explain to her daughter that her father had to explore and stay away to see if there is the probability that something will be attacking them someday.

She put the documents in the drawer of her desk before closing it. This had been a long day and she couldn't wait to get home. Sakura removed her lab coat and walked out of the hospital. It was already dark outside and she didn't notice the shadow leaning against one of the tree until it spoke to her.

"Sakura."

She stopped abruptly and slowly turned her head towards the noise. Her heart was beating fast in her chest and hoping that she wasn't dreaming she asked something. 

"Are you... here?"

"Not exactly."

He finally walked out of the shadows to arrive next to her. Her breath got stuck in her throat.

"Sasuke?"

"A clone."

She took a second to look at him before she ran and jumped on him wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I am so happy to see you! How are you?" she backed away, grabbed in face between her two hands and caressed his cheeks with her thumbs. She was fighting her tears. "Is everything fine? Are you doing ok? Do you need me to come? Do you-"

"Calm down." he said as he poked her forehead with his fingers. "Everything is fine. The real me couldn't make it here because he is spying on the abandoned city. He heard someone mentioning the name "Rabbit Goddess" so he followed that man and it led him to the abandoned city."

"The rabbit goddess? That's Kaguya! So he did find traces of her!"

"He did, or so he believes it. He sent me here to tell you that he will need to start travelling through the dimensions again."

"Oh..." her hands fell that by her sides. "So you're just here to warn me that you will leave again?"

Sasuke nodded. "He wanted to tell you in person."

"Well," she laughed. "That's not really in person, but I'll take it. Did you get my letters?"

"I did."

"All of them?"

"I don't know how many you sent, but I got a few letters from you."

"Did you get the one that is about Sarada?"

"All of them are about her."

"Oh... " she giggled. "sorry... the one where I explain the tests we did on her eyes to see what was wrong with them exactly."

"Hn. I read it. Does she have glasses?"

"She will need some. Hey, tonight is Naruto's birthday! You should come!"

He shook his head in disapproval. "I don't think so."

"Ok but can you at least come home while I get ready? Sarada's at my parents' house because of the party tonight so you'll be safe enough."