The Land of Birds

Wednesday 9th of August

"Sakura on a date? That's very unusual."

Naruto wrapped his arm around his wife's shoulders to bring her closer to him. He felt at peace even if the feeling in his stomach was still there. He needed to talk about it, he needed to talk about what he saw the night before. His friend was destroying himself and he needed to find a way to stop that. Naruto continued explaining what had happened to Hinata.

"I could see that Sasuke was quiet but I didn't think much of it. He's always quiet you know but then he left out of nowhere and when I saw Sakura going outside, I thought that there was something up. Anyway Ino followed me out... Sakura told him that she didn't want to move on. She even said that she wasn't going to ask him to stay in Konoha and that she'd be happy if he came home to her every once in a while."

"You think it would hurt her too much?"

"No. It's what he did after that worries me. He called her pretty and walked away, she ran after him, she told him that she knew he had feelings for her and I expected him to tell her to leave him alone but he didn't. He told her that he can't give her what she wants and she wouldn't be happy. He kissed her forehead... I know he didn't kiss her but it felt the same. Hinata I've never seen him like that. He came back to Konoha after eight days... he showed up in our home but I can guarantee you that he wasn't here for me."

"Where is Sasuke now?"

"He left few hours ago."

"It breaks my heart to hear about this situation but don't take the responsibility of it. At the end it's between the two of them. Sasuke spent most of his life making decisions that weren't in his best interest and he got used to do that. Going out with someone is scary because he doesn't know that, he never had to do it."

"But I did it. I married you and look at us now... we're going to have a baby and we're happy. I just want that for him."

"I know you do and I love you for being this caring but the only one who can make him change his mind is Sakura. Besides if he really fell in love with her, he will come back on his own. When you love someone you can't push it away or avoid these feelings. He changed a lot already in the span of two months... I mean he even brought her here when he found her drunk. He also ran back to Konoha to find Tsunade to save her and remember in the hospital? When we walked in and her head was resting on his shoulder? All of these say a lot about him as a person, he is good on the inside. She is changing him but give him some time to process."

"You're right. I'm glad he is back. That's a change already. Thank you for not hating him like a lot of people."

"Why would I hate him? I don't know him."

He hugged her and she rested her head on his chest. Even if his wife was right, he couldn't stop himself from thinking about Sakura and Sasuke. They were made for each other. She was the only one who could put up with him, understand him and get through to him and he was the only one who would make her genuinely happy. He had to find a way to bring him back home to Konoha, he had to find a way to make him see the truth.

An image of Itachi formed in his mind. How would you speak to your brother huh? How would you make him see the truth?

————————————————————————

Friday 11th of August