Until her birthday

Monday, 4th of February.  Sarada is nearly five years old. 

His hand was shaking so much that he struggled to read the last letter. Every time he was finishing one, he threw it on the floor and opened the next one. So much time had passed and she hadn't forgotten about him. He had spent the last four months reading them over and over again. He was now in the Abandoned City and his mind was struggling to stay focus on the mission at hand. It was pointless for him to stay on mission any longer. 

Written in her words was the evolution of Sarada. How she had turned from a barely speaking baby to a child who had learned how to throw Shuriken. A year and a half... he had spent a year and a half in this dimension and she was soon going to start going to the Academy in less than a year. Sakura must be really happy and proud.

After his brain had finished processing the new information, he put the letters in his pocket and started his journey back home. He had to speak to her.

——————————————————

Sakura closed Sarada's bedroom door and stretched her arms above her head. Today had been a busy day and she couldn't wait to get into bed now that her daughter was finally asleep. It had been a struggle to have a full night sleep lately. Her daughter kept waking up at night because of nightmares and Sakura was feeling lost. She didn't know how to stop them. She let out a sigh and decided to forget about the missing letters and the nightmares for now. 

She jumped into her bed and snuggled under her blanket. The mattress had never felt this good under her back. Things were crazy lately and she didn't know how to handle all of them. Thanks to Sasuke's money, she was able to work less hours at the clinic but she was still having a hard time juggling between her career and her house work.

Her fingers approached her forehead and she healed her headache before her eyes slowly closed and she fell asleep, her mind thinking of Sasuke.

Sakura was pulled out of her dream by something on her cheek. It was gentle and warm. Thinking that it was Sarada, she opened her eyes and took a second to adapt to the darkness present in the room. Her eyebrows frowned and she passed her tongue on her lips.

"Sorry for waking you up."

The voice was only a whisper but the sound of it hit her chest and she jumped into a sitting position.

"What are you doing here? When did you get back? Have you been here long? Are you hungry? Do you-"

"Calm down." two fingers poked her forehead. "I just got here. I am glad to see that you are talking to me." she cherished his whispering voice. She had missed hearing it so much. 

"Where were you?"

"I was in the ice dimension."

"And time is different there. I was worried..."

"I realized." she saw his hand moving to his back and when it came back in front of her, he was holding a pile of letters. She blushed and looked down. That was why they had disappeared. 

"You got them...? Who sent them to you?"

"I thought you did."

"No..." she took a deep breath. "But I'm glad that you got them."

She looked back up and finally took her time to look at him. His hair was long now, very long and the spikes had completely disappear. His fringe was fully covering his Rinnegan and he looked beautiful. He was looking like an adult now and she was loving it.