You are not real

!!! Warning: this chapter talks about mental illness. Sakura's mental health is affecting her. If things like that are a trigger to you, DO NOT READ THE CHAPTER. There is also strong language. !!!

Thursday, 23rd of July.

"Happy birthday Anata!"

Sasuke jumped and turned around. He was still getting used to the new house and didn't know where everything was yet. He was currently trying to find the bathroom and Sakura had jumped out of nowhere. She was facing him with a big smile on her face. How was she always in such a good mood.

"Thank you."

"Did you sleep well?"

"I did. Did you sleep? Where is Sarada?"

"I had two hours of sleep. She is with my parents."

"Why?"

"Because they wanted to spend some time with her and I figured that we are going over there for lunch anyway. Besides I need someone to mind her while I cook for tonight."

"I am here."

"Well I'm not used to that."

"I am her father."

"What is that supposed to mean? I know that you are."

"I should be the first person you go to if you need someone to mind our daughter."

His tone sounded a little bit more harsh than he expected but at the same time he was a bit hurt that she didn't think of him to mind his own child.

"Sasuke... let's not go there, please."

"Go where?"

"I don't want to say something that could hurt you."

"Why would you hurt me?"

"Because the explanation I will give you won't make you happy."

"Say it."

"No."

"Sakura."

"No."

"Why didn't you ask me to mind Sarada? Why did you bring her to your parents?"

"Because you were asleep."

"That's not the real reason. Speak."

"Don't be annoying Sasuke."

"I am her father. I can take care of her."

"You can't be the first person I ask because you're not here. You're never here. I don't want to mind her. I don't want to be around her at all. I'm sick of lying to people by telling them that I am so happy to be a mom. Truth is, I can't bond with her."

"I don't understand. You seemed to be happy around her since I got back. You even brought her to me when I was in the hospital."

"Yeah well, I changed my mind today." she was not making any sense. It was like her personality had shifter overnight. He decided to change the subject before things got heated.

"Kakashi pays me for these missions and I told him to give you 90% of what I make. We were setting that up."

"You're giving me ninety percent of your salary?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I wasn't here."