Tell her that I am sorry

Wednesday, 27th of September.

Sasuke was packing his bag. Once again he barely had any sleep and felt tired. He wasn't mad at her or himself. They could sleep on their journey back to Tsuchigumo if they had to but they will seriously need to start being more focused on the mission at hand. He knew that he was capable of doing that and hoped that Sakura will do the same. He trusted his wife in her ability to act like a ninja and not like his wife when they were on mission.

"Should we stop in Konoha to buy some weapons before leaving?"

"I thought of that already. I need to go and see Kakashi?"

"Do you mind if we stop by the clinic? I need to say hi to a little girl."

"The one who doesn't like me?"

"It's not that she doesn't like you, she is just extremely protective with me... that's all."

"Fine."

Just like that they eventually went back on the road. It was only a half day walk so it wouldn't take too long but Sasuke was dreading going back to Tsuchigumo.

They were already back in the Land of Fire when Sakura started to speak.

"Sasuke, I think we should continue your medical training. I know that we forgot about it but there's so much more that you should learn. I will eventually need to do a check up on you to make sure that everything is still fine, especially since you were affected by that meteor."

"We will do that on our way to Tsuchigumo."

He was so glad to hear her talk to him the way she used to. A part of him feared that things will be very different now that they were married but he felt relieved realising that they were the same. Sakura and him talking about the mission, exchanging theories and planning made him happy. It made him feel so good that he came to the conclusion that he needed to have her in that way as well. Was it what a marriage was all about? You had the person by your side like a friend plus the intimacy and the want to be with them? If that was what it was he was annoyed at himself for waiting this long before asking her.

They slowly arrived at the gates of Konoha. They walked passed them and travelled in the streets of their hometown. As per usual, things were peaceful and heart warming. Children were running and playing while adults were talking and laughing with each other. Sasuke felt deep inside that he wanted to keep things this way. He wanted to make sure that no child in this village will have to go through what he had been through. His hope for the future was that Naruto could take over and just handle everything and protect everyone from suffering. He was going to help as best as he could and he knew that if he had his wife and his friend by his side, then he will succeed.

Sakura guided him through the hallways of the clinic. They stopped in front of a door and she turned to him. "Be careful they love when adults come over. Expect them to scream and jump on you."

She turned back to open the door but he stopped her. "Sakura, wait."

She lifted her eyes to him. "Yes?"

"Thank you." Thank you for giving these children a chance of a happy life. Thank you for making sure that orphans are taken care of. Thank you.

She probably understood what he meant because she put her hand on his cheek. "Thank you to the two of you for teaching me so much. You and Naruto are the reason why I wanted to open this." her hand fell from his face and opened the door. Just like she had warned him, a swarm of kids ran to them screaming.