I am not coming back

Sunday 30th, Monday 31st of July.

"So what's next now?"

Sasuke looked at Sakura who was walking by his side. What was next? He had no idea. They had travelled together, stayed in Konoha, got closer and travelled again. He felt conflicted now more than ever. He had spent a moth and a half travelling alongside Sakura and had gotten so used to travel with her than he couldn't picture him being alone again.

A part of him wanted to keep her safe by making her stay in the village but at the same time his selfish side wanted her with him. He decided to avoid thinking about it. For now they still had a night left together before arriving back home.

"I don't know what's next. More travel I guess."

"Where?"

"You don't have to worry about it."

He hoped that this would be enough to keep her quiet. One last night.

They decided to settle down for the night and as per usual they both took care of what they needed before meeting for dinner. Sasuke had already put the food on the plates so as soon as she came back he handed one to her. At his surprised she sat down next to him. He felt a bit uncomfortable and wondered if this was going to become a habit of hers from now on. Since she had given him that hug she was constantly trying to make some sort of contact with him. For now he had the will to push her away but he didn't know how long he would last like that.

He had to admit to himself that it felt good to have someone close to him and the human contact made him shiver. That was the reason why he needed to keep her as far away as possible from him. He needed to focus on the mission ahead. Kaguya was a threat or maybe something even worse was, he had no idea what it was yet but he was going to find out.

He felt something on his hand and when he looked down he saw Sakura's fingers trying to play with his. He scooted away from her abruptly.

"Stop that."

She wrinkled her nose at him with a laugh.

"I'll stop the day you stop pushing me away!"

He focused on his plate trying to avoid looking at her right now considering how flustered he felt. She needs to stop that.

He rapidly finished his food and waited for her to do the same. As soon as she had put her spoon down on the plate he grabbed it and walked away to wash everything. As he was walking to the river he got so caught up in his own thoughts that he didn't hear Sakura call for him. She screamed his name a second time louder and he turned his head towards her voice. Without thinking twice Sasuke ran back as fast as he possibly could dropping everything on the ground.

He arrived to the camp and saw Sakura being held onto the ground. Sasuke's blood rushed to his head and out of instinct he activated his sharingan. His brain switched off and attacked the man holding her.

He was obviously too fast for the enemy and managed to push him away from her. He heard a male voice behind him and understood that he didn't only have one opponent. Not controlling his body he found himself violently attacking the man, punching him over and over again. Blood was splattering everywhere, he was covered in it but everything was so blurry that he didn't even realise it. He couldn't stop himself.

His hand went into his pouch to get a kunai out to kill the man but before he had time to do so he heard Sakura's scream. She was calling out his name. Once again he turned around and looked at three men arriving. Electricity bolted through every nerves in his body. He pulled Sakura to him as he somehow managed to open a portal with his Rinnegan. He jumped inside still carrying her leaving the enemy behind.