I will get her back

Thursday 20th of July

Sakura ran back to the window. Thanks to Sasuke's fire jutsu, they managed to make a torch for her so she could help him investigate. He was continuing exploring the sections on the left side of the window and Sakura on its right. It felt like days had passed already since they entered the dimension and they were only trying to understand the system of the maze. The two ninjas were lucky that they had been trained to understand how to analyse and come up with theories quickly, it was making them gain time in this hell.

Sakura was focused on her mission but she couldn't stop thinking about Sasuke. He had been acting odd with her. The night she caught him stare at her kept reappearing in her mind. Seeing him looking at her made her feel something but she couldn't tell what it was.

She knew she had spent most of her life loving him and that she will never completely get over him but was that it? Was she always going to feel a bit dizzy everytime he looked at her? Was she ever going to be able to be with someone else and talk to him as a friend? No, she couldn't see herself with someone. She couldn't imagine herself going home to a special someone, cuddle with that person and maybe have a kid. She just didn't see it happen. She wasn't even sorry for herself, the day she decided to get over Sasuke and moved on she decided that she will never have kids or marry.

She didn't even know if she was still angry at him at this point. She definitely was when he came back but now the feeling was fading away. She could see that he was trying and it made her feel something. When she had her panic attack and she fell asleep he made her a pillow, made sure she was alright in his own way. Maybe she was expecting him to get out of his way to try but she needed to look at it from a different perspective. Sasuke will never change, he had always been closed off to people and had his own way of showing affection. Maybe it was up to her to understand it and accept it. Truth was, he was already getting out of his way to make amends. The flowers, the staring, the pillow, the conversations, helping that old lady in the village, the little boy... he had done so much already that it was unfair to say that he hasn't changed.

Sakura felt stupid for what she had said to him when she lashed out. In reality he took fifty steps forward and only three backwards. She smiled to herself, he was becoming a good person, someone who would eventually marry one day. It wouldn't be hard for him to find someone, every girl would kill to be with him. The thought of him married made her frown. No. He wouldn't marry, that wasn't like him. Or maybe she just didn't want him to get married.

She let her mind wander and eventually a picture of her and Sasuke living together crossed her mind. It wasn't about him getting married, it was about him getting married to someone else but her.

She shook her head as she approached the window. No, she wouldn't run back to him or even hope that they will end up together. She spent most of her life doing this and she didn't want to anymore.

He was already standing there when she arrived. He looked at her and watched her walk to him. She felt uncomfortable and very self cautious about the way she walking which nearly made her trip and fall. She blushed and stopped in front of him. He was way taller than her and she had to lift her head up.

"So?"

She let the question unanswered for a little while. He looked very tired, which made sense because he hadn't slept leaving her do it. The tired eyes made him look very cute for some reasons. She was getting accustomed to his long black hair covering his rinnegan. In fact she was starting to like it. The bandana holding it down suited him very well and his poncho fitted his personality. It was practical, perfect for someone who was travelling a lot.

"Sakura?"

She shook her head. Focus Sakura.

"I discovered a new section Earth. It's the sixth one if we include the others already found. The idea of the planets works so far, they're all named after one and the furthest I am from here, the closest the planets from the sun."