Welcome to our world

Tuesday, 31st of March.

"What the hell... you, Sasuke, have a lot to explain!"

She crossed her arms on her chest and Sasuke let out a sigh. Before he could reply, Sakura jumped out of his arm and pointed her finger at the other woman.

"Listen. Karin right? I've saved your ass once. Now you owe me one so get to work."

"You saved- what? I became a captive!"

"I kept you alive and you're not one anymore. That baby isn't supposed to come out for another fifteen weeks. Its body is not fully formed so it won't survive out of my body unless you help us."

"Is it Sasuke's baby?"

"Why does it matter?"

Sasuke understood that the conversation will go on forever so he interrupted the two of them.

"I can help."

"No you can't. I need someone who has some good amount of chakra to accelerate the formation of the lungs. You have weapons sticking out of your back so no, I don't think you can do it."

"Sakura..."

"I'll do it. I'm mad at Sasuke, not at that child. Lay here and tell me what to do."

Sasuke watched Sakura as she lay down on the table. He approached her with Karin.

"Sasuke, giving birth is messy. You don't have to stay."

"I'm staying."

"Fine. Karin, the baby's lungs aren't fully formed yet. What I need you to do is send some medical chakra to it to help them grow as much as possible."

"What triggered the labour?"

"I got kicked in the belly and probably stress. Anyway, focus your chakra to the palm of your hands."

"I- never done that."

"Don't worry, it's the very basics of medical ninjitsu. Anyone can do that."

Sasuke clenched his teeth annoyed at himself. He should be the one doing it. He is the father. If only he had been less careless he would've been able to help now.

Sakura started to scream and he rushed his hand to her head. "What can I do?"

"Nothing. You just hold my hand."

He took her hand in his and squeezed it hard. He saw Karin fix their interwinded hands. "Focus." he said to her.

Everything was very blurry and overwhelming and he frankly had no idea of what was happing right now. He heard Sakura shout some instructions to Karin between two screams. He saw the red haired Kunoichi help. Even she seemed worried. All he could think of was the fact that his child was coming into the world too early. What had they done wrong? He started to worry but he tried to keep it on the inside. It eventually became too strong for him so he whispered his question to Sakura half hoping that she wouldn't hear him. She was on edge right now and could very easily snap at him.

"Is the baby going to live?"

She turned her head to him. Her face softened and she uses her motherly voice to reply to him. "I don't know... babies born this early don't have a high chance of surviving with our medical abilities."

"But Tsunade trained you."

"Medical ninjitsu can heal. It cannot create or form things that don't exist yet. We can keep babies alive if they are fully formed in the womb but if they aren't... we can just do our best and pray."