You better ask her out

Thursday, 17th of August.

Sasuke woke up slowly. The light was so blinding that when he tried to open his eyes he felt a strong pain. He attempted to bring his hand to his face but he felt something holding it.

With his eyebrows frowned he reluctantly opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was the pink hair and the more he looked the more he realised that it was simply Sakura who was sleeping against him. She was sitting on the floor, half laying down next to him. He felt her hand holding his tightly. A strange feeling took possession of his abdomen. It felt like... butterflies? It wasn't agreeable.

He tried to move his body hoping that they will go away but Sakura strengthened her hold on him and it only intensified the feeling.

After a minute, his eyes closed again and he fell asleep.

————————————————————————

When he woke up for the second time, Sakura wasn't there anymore but a little note was laying on his chest. He took it and read it.

"Good morning Sasuke,

I had to go to the hospital to do a little check up on Hinata and her baby. My lunch break is at 12:30 so if you can come to my office at 1pm it would be perfect. I promise I won't ask Tsunade to come.

See you later.

Ps: I left some food for you on the kitchen counter, just heat it up. I also left some towels in case you'd want to take a shower, which you should, to clean the blood so I can see the wounds better.

Sakura"

He looked at the time while putting the note on the table. It was already 11:30. He felt great and well rested.

He folded the blanket perfectly and grabbed the towels left by his friend. He walked to the shower and let the water wash his skin. He stood there for a while. Sasuke couldn't recall what had happened last night after he drank that tea. He did remember how she had kissed him on the cheek before disappearing in her kitchen.

He bit his bottom lip. He was trying to be more like his brother despite what Sakura had said to him but even then, he kept coming back to that village. And for what? To see her? To make sure that she was safe...? Deep down he knew that none of theses were the reasons why he kept coming back... the real reason was to be with her and to make sure that she didn't have someone else. He started to be well aware of all of this and it was scaring him.

How did Itachi managed to kill his lover if Sasuke couldn't even stay away from her? Why did she keep helping him no matter what awful things he was saying to her? Why did she stay? He wanted her to leave him, to prove him that he was right to push her away all the time. The only reason why he didn't let down his walls down was because he was convinced that she would have left one day like everyone else but she didn't. She was still there. Did it mean that she will always be there? He shook his head. "No one stays forever, not even a family." He said to himself.

He turned off the water and got out of the shower. He looked at the old wounds that were fully visible yesterday. Thanks to Sakura's help, what was left of them was a tiny line barely noticeable.

He put some clothes on quickly and left the apartment without eating. Even with all the sleep he had gotten, walking was still very difficult. The pain in his shoulder was still present but he assumed that this was the reason why Sakura had asked him to come. This and his nose.

Konoha was pretty busy for a day of the week. Families were out and kids were running around the place. On his way there he saw Ino on her break.

"Hey Sasuke! How are you doing?"