The answer

Friday, 20th of October.

"Sakura-san?"

"Fast! I need a surgery room, now!"

"Roo-Room 6 is free. What team do you need?"

"Call Lady Tsunade and Shizune!"

Naruto watched Sakura running through the hospital's hallways. She screamed at a poor receptionist after throwing Sasuke on a mobile bed. Sasuke's health was getting worse by the minute. His breathing had started to become extremely irregular about two hours ago. Naruto could still remember Sakura's scream when she realised that he had stopped breathing. They were flying over the Vast Desert of Solitude and they had no way of going down or anything. He could still picture how the pink haired kunoichi was forcing air into her husband manually, how the tears were soaking Sasuke's shirt and how she was trying to control her shaky hands. He was feeling so powerless.

"The young Uchiha is in a bad state."

Naruto looked at his belly to pay attention to Kurama.

"But he'll be fine." he replied.

"I can feel a weird chakra around him."

"Granny Tsunade will take care of him and so will Sakura. He'll be fine."

"Mh. These Uchihas really are cursed."

"No, he broke the curse."

"I wouldn't be so sure."

Naruto stopped paying attention and focused on Sakura's movements. She was running, him after her. He had no time to feel the stress. All he could feel was the adrenaline pumping through his veins. Suddenly, she stopped, opened a door and pushed the bed inside of it. Naruto, who tried to follow, was stopped by a nurse.

"You can't go inside. It's a surgery room."

"But they are my friends. I need to be here."

"You can look through the window here. Just don't make too much noise."

Naruto listened and walked in. He was torn between staying here until Sasuke was better or go back on mission to save his wife. Him and Sai could go and leave Sakura to what she does best. After a long debate with himself, he settled on staying until the end of the surgery at least.

Bitting his nails, he worriedly watched what was going on inside. He saw Tsunade walking in and he heard Sakura's voice scream before she left the room in tears, banging the door behind her. He frowned his eyebrows and ran out to stop her. He found her crying on the floor.

"Sakura?"

"I am completely useless."

He exhaled trying to find the right thing to say to her. Not finding it, he slid against the wall and landed next to her. He took her hand in his. "You're not useless. Why did you scream?"

"Lady Tsunade kicked me out of there saying that I wasn't qualified to heal him because I am too close to him. The only reason why I became a medic was to heal the ones I was close to."

"You kept him alive. If he was only with me and Sai he would've died. You need to stop being so hard on yourself."

"I don't get something... He is trying his hardest to become a better person, he has become a better person but life always ends up throwing something at him. Every time things are fine he has to deal with something new. I... I just don't get why."

Remembering what Kurama told him, Naruto whispered. "It's like he's cursed..."

"His family being murdered, his brother, the curse mark, Orochimaru... there wasn't a single moment in his life when he didn't have to deal with something horrible."