Final Countdown

Tuesday, 18th of February. Pregnancy week 22.

"Sasuke!"

As soon as he heard his wife's voice, he ran out of the bathroom into the bedroom.

"Is something wrong?"

"No! Come here." her voice was gentle and he approached slowly. Her hand was resting on her now obvious bump. She still thought that she was too small but he thought that she was perfect. Everything was perfect. He stood in front of her. "Put your hand here."

He did so and waited for a second. When he was about to ask her what he was supposed to feel, something hit the the palm of his hand. It was very gentle but he still felt it. "Is that...?"

"You felt it? Yes, it's the baby."

"I can feel our baby move?" She nodded. He kneeled down and pressed his hand harder against her belly. "I can feel it." He felt so much joy that he had no idea how to handle it. He had never felt this way before. He had felt happy before, his wedding with Sakura, their first time, when he learned that she was pregnant but this happiness was different. Everything related to Sakura was blissful and moved like water. This felt more like a storm hitting him in the face.

He looked at his hand captivated by what he was feeling.

"Wanna see something fun?" he wasn't able to give her a coherent answer so he simply nodded. "Get me a light or something."

"Flashlight?"

"That will do."

He rushed to his bag and grabbed it before he moved back to her. He handed it to her.

"Ok, put your hand back to where it was. The baby can see the light now. The eyelids are still closed but it can see when it's dark or bright."

"What am I supposed to-" he interrupted his voice as Sakura turned the flashlight on and illuminated her tummy. It took a few seconds but he started to feel the baby move and kick inside of it. "It worked!" he couldn't even realize how childish his voice had become. He sounded so excited that Sakura let out a little laugh.

"Watch what you say now! The baby can hear noises too."

"Hi."

Sakura raised an eyebrow. Her husband's face was so close to her belly that it was slightly comical. He was sitting on the ground and was talking like he was an 8 year old kid.

"Did you just say hi to the baby?" she got no response for that but she knew that he was simply feeling stupid. She let out a motherly laugh. "It's fine, I talk to it everyday. I told you that you were eventually gonna do the same."

"Hn." she saw that he was slowly putting up his walls and soon he will be hard to reach. She wanted to use what was left of his openness.

"Hiii little baby, did you hear that voice?" she put her hand on top of Sasuke's. "That was your father's voice. I know... it's the first time that you hear it but he's shy. Don't be mad at him. He loves you and when you moved he made it very obvious. I don't even get to hear an I love you from him. I mean... we've known each other out entire lives and he said it once so don't take it personally."

She looked at Sasuke who was already staring at her. She didn't know if it was the light or if his eyes were filled with tears but he seemed very emotional right now. She moved her other hand and touched his cheek.

"Sakura, thank you."

Before she had the time to reply, the baby moved again a little bit. She laughed.