A pointless thing to do

Wednesday 15th of July. Sarada is 15 months old and Sasuke has been away for 29 weeks.

Sakura was running fast feeling so excited to meet Sasuke. She was only a few minutes away but her patience was running low. She had spent the last two days travelling followed by two Anbu ninjas. They left her few kilometers away from his camp site as it was instructed by the Hokage. He didn't want to be bothered by Konoha's ninjas but Sakura knew that in reality he knew that she would have been jumping in his arm an kissing him in front of them and that it was making him uncomfortable.

She finally spotted his sleeping bag and she hid behind a rock to try to find him. She wanted to surprise him so she concealed her presence to make sure that he couldn't see or sense her and she scanned the area. She eventually saw him coming back his hand in his pocket. He had changed his old white t-shirt for a black top recovered by his usual cape. His hair was slightly longer and not as spiky as it used to be at the back. Probably because his long hair was heavy now and couldn't keep itself up.

She waited for him to come back to the site and sit on his sleeping bag. The sight of him filled her heart with so much joy that she struggled to breathe for a second. She wasn't ready to see him yet because how she was feeling on the inside. She was all giddy and overflowing with excitement. She decided to stop for a second to take a good look at him until she was calm enough to go up to him.

She saw him grab something in his pouch but she couldn't see what it was from where she was. All that she could see was that it seemed to be a pile of paper. He focused on them and she watched his face as his eyebrows furrowed. She smiled recognising the line that formed between them.

She tip toed her way to him and once she faced his back, she suddenly wrapped her arms around his neck. She felt him jump a little. Her cheek rested against his.

"Hiiii!"

"Hi. You surprised me."

"I tried!" she laughed and kissed his cheek multiple times happily. She saw him put down what he was holding before his hand moved to the collar of her top. He grabbed it and yanked her to face him. She awkwardly landed on her butt between his legs. She froze and simply watched him. Her hand moved up to his face unconsciously and caressed the features that she knew by heart. He sighed against her touch and closed his eyes. She felt good, way too good. She couldn't remember a time when she felt this way but she didn't care much because she loved that he had a different effect on her every time that she was seeing him.

"Are you tired?" his voice woke her up from her dream-like trance.

"Not really. What were you looking at when I got here?" his chin pointed at a pile of photos, the ones that she had sent him. "Well I have a few more for you so let's have a look at them together."

He stood up forcing her to follow him and he brought her inside of a tiny cave.

"It is going to rain soon."

He made sure that she was comfortable before he walked back out to pack his things and bring them in the cave-like place. Once everything was under cover, he sat by her side and Sakura niched herself against his chest as she moved her legs on top of his. The right side of her face was resting against his shoulder and his right hand moved on her thigh. He caressed it with his thumb and she took the new photos out.

"Ok so there is a good few of them... I couldn't decide which ones were the best so I brought all of them. Look!" she showed him a photo of Sarada standing next to Boruto. The two were smiling with Naruto looking proud in the background. "That one was the vey first time she stood on her own. Boruto is older so he helped her. It was adorable to see the two of them being so close like that." she flipped to the next one. This one showed a younger version of Sarada and Boruto laying in a bed. They were watching the tv both drinking from their milk bottles. "This was so adorable! Naruto and Hinata invited us over and I stayed later than I expected. They made a bottle for Sarada and put her in front of the tv with him. The two feel asleep, both of their heads resting against the other. Honestly it was the only time I saw him calm!"