I wish you the best

Tuesday, 14th of April. Baby is two weeks old.

Sasuke was watching over Sakura's shoulder as she changed the blanket of his baby. To be very honest, the image he had of a just born baby had nothing to do with what was in front of him. He imagined them more... human looking. He obviously loved his child but that wasn't enough to deny her strange appearance. Her skin was completely see-through and he could see all the veins trailing her body. She also had this weird hair covering her entire body and he had no idea where it came from. As far as he was concerned, he had never met anyone with that much body hair. As he watched her, she opened her eyes. She had started to blink the previous night and both him and Sakura saw that she took the famous black Uchiha eyes. A part of him was sad that she hadn't taken the minty green colour of Sakura.

"Why does she have so much hair?"

"That's called Lanugo. It will go away when she grows bigger and stronger. I know she looks weird but don't worry. Just imagine that for the next weeks she will grow like she would in the womb. At the forty-second week, she will look like what you expected in the first place."

"So how do we help her."

"No touching. She can't differenciate a gentle touch from something painful and her skin is too fragile for the moment. We need to avoid holding her as much as possible. No loud noise either. She is too sensitive and will react badly to them. The lights needs to be turned off in this room all the time. She is only starting to open her eyes so she is too sensitive to it. She needs to sleep a lot."

"She doesn't move so how do we know that she is awake."

"She twitches. Her bones and muscles aren't fully formed so she can't move a lot. We need her to gain some weight."

"That's what this tube does?"

"It is. Her intestines are very weak and are not ready for food yet so for now she will eat through her veins."

"So I can't touch her at all?"

"I know that you want to be close to her but right now try to avoid it."

"Can you still sing songs to her?"

She laughed and looked at him. "Yes, I can sing. Can I ask you something?"

"Hn?"

"Why did you give her my t-shirt?" he blushed and walked away from her. If he said it to her, she would laugh at him. He heard her follow him and so he left the room. She closed the door behind them and she stopped him. "Sasuke, answer me. Why did you give her the t-shirt that you gave me? I just want to know so I know if I can take it back or if I need to give it to her permanently."

"I don't want to speak about it."

"I am your wife. You shouldn't feel ashamed."

He looked at her and she seemed so sincere and beautiful right now that he said it out loud. "She was in you for all this time and is connected to you. I see her move a little bit everytime you talk to her but she doesn't react anymore when I do. You told me that you sleep with it so you can feel like I am with you and I thought that it could do the same for her."

"First of all this is the cutest thing I have heard in my entire life. I know that you might feel like she is more connected to me but I can guarantee you that she isn't. I have a hard time connecting with her too. She is two weeks old and she wasn't supposed to be born. Imagine, this would have been week 29 of my pregnancy so it's normal that we can't bond with her. Wait until you can hold her."