The day before

Saturday, 23dt of September.

Sakura woke up with a banging headache. She quickly got ready before going to Sasuke's room. She had something to tell him.

She knocked on his door and waited for a minute before he opened it. She saw him on the other side and he seemed to just be getting out of bed too.

"Morning Sasuke."

"Hi."

"I hope I didn't wake you up... I just...I had something I wanted to ask you."

"What is it?" he moved away from the door and invited her in. She walked to the bed and sat on it hoping that he would too but he stayed where he was.

"Ino wants to bring me to buy the dress, the flowers and everything else..."

"I will pay for everything."

"You...what? That's not what I was asking! I can pay for my things."

"I am supposed to pay for it."

"I don't know I never got married before but I'm the one wearing the dress so... but that wasn't my question. I just wanted to ask you if you still wanted to marry me..." he stayed silent and Sakura started to panic. Maybe she was right, maybe he asked her yesterday but today he felt different about her. "It's fine if you don't want to get married anymore, I mean... I get it, we don't have to. We can just move on with our life and stay friends." she saw him getting closer. Out of panic she stood up. "But please, if you don't want to get married anymore can you say it now? I don't want you to stop the ceremony because it'll be really hurtful. I promise I understand I-"

He poked her forehead gently. "I didn't change my mind. Calm down."

"Are you sure?"

"I told you, I thought about it for three weeks now."

"Sorry I know you don't like to repeat yourself. I just really don't want you to feel pressured or obliged. You've only started to like me but I've loved you my entire life and it's a lot to take in and it means a lot to me. Sorry to bother you with this, I'll go and wait for Ino." she walked away from him.

"Sakura, are you ok?"

She gave him her most beautiful but fake smile and turned around. "I'm fine." Without another word she left the room and walked back to hers.

She lay on her bed and cried. This was supposed to be one of the happiest moment of her life so why was she like this. She heard a knock on the door and a blonde head stepped into the room.

-------------------------------------------

"So! Who's ready for a day of trying on- what's going on, why are you crying?"

"I don't know."

"Hey Sakura, what's wrong?" she ran to her bed and took her best friend in her arms. "Hey talk to me. Why are you crying like that."

"I don't know." Sakura was now sobbing in her arms. All Ino could do was just hold her and wait.

"Do you want me to go and get Sasuke?"

"No!"

"Did something happen between you two after I left last night?"

"No... I-I had a dream."

A dream? "What was it?" Ino was completely confused at this point.

"He got killed on mission."