The Fight

Wednesday, 5th of May. Sarada is three year old.

A knock on the door made Sakura jump on her sofa. She closed angrily the book that she was reading and told her daughter that she will be back soon.

She opened the door and was surprised to find Karin on the there side of it.

"Sakura! I finally found you. It's weird how many people did not want to tell me where you live."

"They know that you worked for Orochimaru. What are you doing here?" she said with an annoyed voice. Today was not the day to see Karin. She just wanted Sasuke to get his ass back home.

"Tsunade called me into the village to talk about Orochimaru. She had a few questions from the time I was guarding the tower and I just thought that I'd come up and say hi."

"Oh... well... come on in." Sakura frowned her eyebrows. "Sasuke is training with Naruto, but he should be back soon enough."

Karin stepped in and gave her a smile. "I'm not here to see Sasuke, I am here to see you and Sarada. How is she doing?"

"Good. She is in the living room if you want to see her."

Karin nodded and followed Sakura to the room. Sakura stepped aside and watched Karin's reaction. The red haired kunoichi smiled and approached her baby. Sarada lifted her head up and put down her stuffed animals before she ran behind Sakura's legs.

"Mama!"

"I'm sorry... she doesn't do well in social situations."

"Just like her father." Karin kneeled down. "Hi Sarada, I am Karin. You don't remember me but we've met when you were about this big." she lifted her hands up and showed her daughter how big she used to be.

"Mama." Sakura passed her hand in her daughter's hair.

"Don't worry, it's one of dada's old friend."

"Dada's friend?"

"Yes, dada's friend."

"Hiiiii." Sarada waved shyly with one hand while hugging Sakura's leg to hide behind it with the other.

"Hi, Sarada."

"Mama, can I go play with my animals?" said Sarada shyly.

"Yes, you can go. I'll call you for dinner when dada gets home."

She ran away.

"She plays alone?" asked Karin as Sakura invited her to sit on the sofa.

"She started doing that about two months ago. Before that, she was really sociable but lately she turned into a mini Sasuke."

"Well, she is his daughter after all!"

""Yeah but she's also mine and I am sociable."

"Ah, things might change."

Sakura nodded and looked around not knowing what to say. A part of her found it nice that Karin showed up tp say hi, but another part of her was wondering why she did it. They weren't friends, they were getting along with each other but she wouldn't call her a friend. She was still suspicious of her intentions around Sasuke.

The ceiling was the most fascinating thing right now and she was glad to hear the door open even with the anger that she was feeling.

He entered the room and she turned her face to him with a frown. He nodded at her and looked to his right before freezing.