The words, "I'm sorry", is too difficult for us.

Bts consisted of 7 guys, but more importantly, Bts consisted of three alphas, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok and Jeon Jungkook. 2 betas Kim Seokjin and Kim Taehyung and one omega, Park Jimin. Then there were Bts's leader Namjoon who at 22 had yet to mature into a sub gender, this led him to be what was commonly known as a dud.

Dud's were extremely rare, with less than 0.01% of the population being duds. With everybody normally maturing at the age of 18, being 22 and still not having a subgender Namjoon stood out in more way than one; first was how he was missing a scent. Jimin liked to tell him how he smelled like death, like rotten milk and peaches that had been left alone of to long, most people avoided staying close to Namjoon because of this.

Scent's from sub-genders weren't like normal scents that were smelt with a person's nose, no subgender scents were able to be smelled when a person had a fully matured scent gland, this normally happened at the same time as they presented.
Another issue came from the fact that people didn't know how to treat Namjoon, most people went through their life never meeting somebody who was dud. It wasn't covered in school or anything like that. While all sub-genders were equal, they all had different needs that were filled by the pack structure.

Omega's needed people close to them, with their subgender it came naturally to them to be caregivers, but not just caregivers, they were natural psychiatrists and great with animals and children, in touch with their emotions more than any other subgender.
Friends of omegas were always ready to give them a hug or a cuddle if they wanted or needed it. This, of course, didn't mean that people expected omegas to be good little housewives, that stereotype had been destroyed years ago. Omegas could do what they wanted to be law, even if they were still fighting some stereotypes.

The thing was that omegas, both members of a pack and the ones yet to find a pack if they didn't get the closeness, the affection that they needed, it could lead to terrible and permanent mental damage to the omega.
Then there were alphas, alphas were respected as the face outward for many companies, with their more aggressive attitude, and tendency to never be afraid of how people saw them it made them perfect for being in the public spotlight. Alphas still fought the stigma that they were just mindless violent beast, who was just intellectually challenged.

Last but not least there were betas, widely accepted as being the best leader, their more calm nature and calming effect made them good leaders, they weren't distracted by smells the same way that the much more sensitive omegas and alphas.
Overall the 3 sub genders worked well together, most people living in what was seen as a pack. Multiple alphas, betas, and omegas in one pack, with one alpha being the pack leader. As children grew up they would leave their family pack, the pack they had grown up in and go through a period where they weren't in any pack, before finally settling down with a new pack for life.

While yes it was possible to leave a pack, it wasn't often seen, and most people who left a pack did it cause they had failed to listen to their inner subgender, or that they had gone through something that had changed them as a person, which meant they no longer fit into the dynamic of their normal pack. Or... they had been forced to join the pack in the first place.

What no pack had was duds. Most packs left them alone, not knowing how they would fit into a pack. Normally it was fine since dud's never really matured the same way other did, they didn't have this intense need to be in a pack that the rest had.

It wasn't that they didn't feel things, that they didn't have deep, meaningful friendships, cause they did, but they didn't have this need for affection that other sub-genders had, they were aromantic and asexual.
That was where the problem came from, while Namjoon was a part of the BTS group and was the leader of said group, he wasn't part of the BTS pack.

The reason being his status as a dud, he wasn't able to get the pack bite or anything like that, so he never felt right there, he felt so lonely. The other members were so affectionate with each other, but most of them wouldn't even stand to be in his personal space.

Jimin would cover his nose like he smelled something bad, Yoongi would always say that he just felt wrong. He knew it shouldn't bother him, of course, they didn't want to be to close to him, he should be happy they let somebody as broken as him be here.
He was a dud, he wasn't supposed to want these things, they weren't for him to want, he wasn't supposed to need them, it wasn't supposed to bother him.

But it did bother him, it felt like a heavy rock pulling him down. The thing was he had never in his life thought he would end out being dud, the one thing he had actually been afraid of ending out as was omega. He knew that he showed many omega qualities growing up, he preferred actually having physical contact with people, he could feel his mind calm when he had people around him. When he was feeling stressed when he was younger, hugs always made him feel better.

The problem was he was scared of being an omega, while his family pack had always been told him that it didn't matter what his sub-gender were and the pack respected all sub gender no matter, it was really rap and hip-hop that made him view it this way.
There were no prominent omega rappers, after all, most of them were alphas and the one who weren't were all beta's. BTS themselves was proof of that with both Hoseok and Yoongi being rappers and alphas. The thought of being an omega would completely destroy his chances of being a rapper, those thoughts were constantly in his head, but as his 18th birthday came and went, and so did his 19th he slowly learned that the fate he had was much worse.

Being chosen to lead BTS meant so much more than he could possibly explain. When they first had been put together as a group, only the hyung line minus Namjoon had presented. Honestly, he was surprised when he first saw Yoongi, the older male had a small and petite build, not what he expected out of alpha, Namjoon wasn't even sure he really was an alpha until Yoongi opened his mouth and then yeah it made sense he was an alpha.