Chapter 28

Fortunately, I am not in the same class with any of the two wonders.

~\(≧▽≦)/~ Yossshhhh!!!

The luck's on my side~~

I happily went inside my classroom and there seated in the middle was Krizzy who became my classmate for this year.

"Betti-sama,  here!  I reserved the best spot for you~

She cheerfully exclaimed waiting for me to praise her.  I smiled and went to her. 

"My~ how thoughtful of you,  Krizzy.  Thank you very much"

I said and put my things down.  I gracefully fixed my skirt and sat like a graceful and elegant ojousama. 

Ahh here we go again with the Ojousama act. 

Ah mouh~ such a pain in the ass.

I pursed my lips and secretly sighed noticing the different glances from my classmates which carries the usual admiration, fear and queries. 

Unlike in Primary Section who only accept kids of wealthy and previledged families, the middle and higschool section accept kids from a well off family who qualifies the qualifications set by the academy and one of those is the income bracket. So basically, all the students here came from well off families.  And as mentioned, only the High school section offers special admission which is thru scholarship.

The competition I'll be facing here in middle school section for ranking won't be as thought as when I turned High School.  A lot of scholars with ridiculous IQ will be enrolling and the competition will be stronger than ever.  And because of that,  I told Okaasama during the vacation if it's possible, I would like to attend cram school for advance subject.

However Okaasama was opposed to it since there'll be a lot of commoners and me getting a long with them is out of the question.  And so,  I had talked to Otousama about it and made him understand this is what I always wanted since he kept on asking me what do I need and stuff.  Otousama,  was of course,  hesitant since he already knew Okaasama was against it.  But later on,  he eventually agreed seeing how dispirited I became. 

Heeehhh so throwing tantrums is really effective ne?

No wonder kids always used that kind of tactic keke!

The day ended very quickly and I decided not to visit the salon for today since I already did it earlier.  I'm afraid I'll be seeing the two wonders again and so I'm making sure that  I could avoid them as much as possible.

Completely oblivious of a saying..

The more you avoid,  the more you meet.

The more you pretend not to care,  the more you care.

******

"Maxwell-sama!  Good day! "

I greeted and waved my hand towards Maxwell-sama waiting for me at the garden.  I actually messaged him yesterday to meet me here because I want to give him the souvenir I bought for him. 

Unfortunately this year,  Maxwell-sama's not my classmate however good for him that he's on the same class with Alice-sama.  But~ Rosé was also in his class that he often got death glares from her whenever he's talking with Alice-sama. 

I don't think he already made some progress since the class just started yesterday but with Rosè around guarding him,  I doubt he'll have a peaceful and smooth progress towards Alice-sama.

"Betti-chi,  good day! It's been long"

"Good day to you too,  Maxwell-sama" I greeted him back. 

"Ah!  Betti-chi, by any means do you uhm with Lomiere-s.. "

Thinking about the souvenirs I bought for him,  I didn't clearly heard his last sentence so I had to ask him again but instead of repeating it, he answered me "Nothing,  hehe. " and I would go "Oh".

Seeing him sit before me,  I smiled and sat beside him.  I handed him the paper bag which contains the presents.

"Wow~ these are some famous chocolates sold in Paris~ Thank you Betti-chi!! "

He exclaimed happily and motioned to hug me but I raised my hand to stop him. My palm smoothly landed on his face to stop his action and he pouted.

"Please observe proprietary, Maxwell-sama"

I said in strict voice but my face was smiling.  He ran his hand thru his hair and I can see his ears turning red.

Oi.

This chick..

That should be my reaction l,  not yours!

Am I the boy here?

Damn it!

"Sorry sorry. I was just overjoyed. You seem to have a good time going there no?  Betti-chi?"

He asked and I smiled.  I swayed my feet back and fort and starts with my story of how the trip was. 

He was attentively listening to me and I became absorb telling him what are the events happened to me during this vacation as well as my future plans. 

"Heeh?  You wanna go to Cram School?"

He asked and was surprised. I nodded.

"Uhuh~ I'm planning to take advance class for advance subjects"

"Ehhhhh?!  Advance subject?! "

"My~ tone down your voice.  Yes yes. As you can see.. "

And so the talk went on that we almost forgot the time.

Since my class is just beside his,  we decided to walk together.  Gentlemen as he is,  Maxwell-sama walked me until we reached my class's door.

From the inside, I can feel the hostile eyes of Krizzy thrown towards Maxwell-sama that made him pursed his lips.

"Thank you for walking me up to here Maxwell-sama. Have a good day! "

I bid my goodbye and went inside the class.  Krizzy was still staring at the door full of hostility.

"My~ stop it Krizzy, will you? It's not good for your skin, you know"

Hearing my words,  Krizzy loosen up the frown on her face and pouted.

"You're still hanging out with MaxMaxwell-sama,  Betti-sama? "

Unlike before,  the girls stopped calling Maxwell-sama as lowly human and stuff after learning of his background. They were actually amazed and surprised.

And even told me that if he didn't played with my feelings or made me fell for him,  they would had already apporved of him as someone who's worthy of me. As for how they knew I actually fell for Maxwell-sama even though I said something different last time,  Krizzy was the one who figured it all out by cornering me a lot.  I thought they were convinced by my reason that time but it seems like I underestimated them since they're still young. 

"You don't look like someone who would go all depressed just because you weren't able to attend the banquet" Is what Krizzy said by that time.  "And besides.." She added but paused.  Hmm. I wonder.

Krizzy's the real deal fufu~

Ahh I feel like my head's growing a lot of white hair these days.

"Maxwell-sama is friend.  And whatever you guys thought of him is all baseless and too prejudice. So stop it okay? "

"But~"

"No buts.  A lady must have not only  grace and beauty but as well as a golden heart~"

I winked and sat beside her.

*******

Author's: I'll be going under a mandatory 14 day quarantine because I've been assigned to a different place for work so I'll be updating a lot to ease my boredom during those 14 days keke. 

I hope you all like it,  please don't forget to leave a comment and vote ~♥~