Chapter 51

While watching the pond,  the teachers and scouts also arrived with the students of Delhi Academy. 

They announced the winner of the game which is obviously us but upon seeing our not so 'victorious' kind of smile a scout went forward and squatted in front of the pond.

"Do you know why this pond called a jewel of tranquility?"

We shook our heads and waited for hik to tell us why.

"A long time ago,  there was a couple that lived in this desolate area of Mt. An.  In other words,  this pond is a lot older than your La'Ssier Academy which is the oldest school in this country. Not even the founder of that Academy was born on that year. The couple made this pond and made it as an altar to offer to the gods hoping they would be given a child"

"But sadly,  the god didn't heed to their calls,  is what they thought.  Without knowing about it,  the gods actually gave them a child in the form of a precious stone"

The scout stood and took a mirror from the other scout.  He looked up to the sun and let the light shone on the mirror.  Using the light reflection, he directed the light in the middle of the pond while eatching him silently.

"Without know the existence of such jewel, the couple abandoned the pond and the place as well to live outside the mountains and letg me show you the jewel they missed"

The moment the light landed in the middle of the pond,  something on the middle part seem to have change in colors.

"This is a jade lotus submerged in the pond and it changes colors when hit by the light of the sun,  as you can see,  it turns color red and take a closer look of the lotus"

We did as he said.

"Myyy~"

"Is that a diamond? "

"Wooooww!! "

My eyes widen by the sight of the diamond which was as big as egg.  I've seen diamond before and most of them are in pendants and rings and this is the first time I actually see one.

"Even if it wasn't stated or the sort,  we all believe that this diamond was supposedly gift for the couple.  It was impossible for them to conceive a child and so the gods must have wanted them to adopt as many as they can to fill the loneliness in their hearts using this diamond"

It may sounded silly and ridiculous but being in this world for no particular reason was already a miracle itself. There are lots of miracle happening in this universe that no one knows how vast it is.  Not even in my time where science is already so advanced and continuously advancing beyond human comprehension.

As for how they were able to perserve the pond without getting the diamond being stolen.

"Only the government knows. "

It's absurd to think that just how on earth are they actually able to have this pond last this long.  Just think how much this diamond is worth.  Even if it can be sold in any auction house,  pawnshops and any other place for this can be traced by the government, there's a place we call black market or underground transactions, basically illegal ways of selling it. 

Well,  it's not it's my problem to think of. 

Ah what a spectacular sight to see.

We went back the the sight since it was getting darker but before that,  the scouts brushed the bushes back to its original form.

And I also learned that those scouts actually lives near that pond and they are the one take guards over it.

I see.

They should have tell that earlier!

Damn it!

After changing my outfit and eating some snacks,  I sneak outside the tent to take a little tour around the area.  The teachers are busy preparing for the campfire and activity later. 

But before I could even stray far,  I paused when I saw O'Brein-sama at the other side smirking while crossing his arms.  He was surrounded by three students and by the looks of it,  they're not having a nice talk at all.

As I walked closer,  the words I'm hearings starts to become unpleasant that I'm already itching to kick whoever say such unpleasant words.

"You dare to look at us like that?!  Just who do you think you are? "

"Do you really think the O'Brein house likes to have a bastard like you?!  You're clearly a dirt in their eyes! "

"What?!  Having a good time in La'ssier huh?  I wonder what would they say if they'll learn how gross your background is"

"Pweh!  You're the disgrace of O'Breins so don't act high and cocky,  bastard son of bitch! "

Upon getting close to them,  I laughed and covered my mouth using the back of my hand.

"My~ did I just hear something I shouldn't?"

I asked them after laughing a bit.  They all raised their brows and later on smirked as if they won on a game or something.

Oi.

Stop smiling.

Do you know I can kick you butts right now?!

What a jerk!

"Heeeeh?  Student from La'ssier.  Oh!  What should we do?  Someone heard such gross secret"

One of them commented.  I smiled and shove my hair at the back of my ear as I walked closer. 

"Right~ I just found something gross and unpleasant that I can't bear to look at it~"

They all grinned and threw a cocky gaze towards O'Brein-sama who's expression went dim.

"Heeeh.  If I'm not mistaken,  you should be Bettina Reinhart,  right? "

The one who seem to be their lrader asked in a proud tone.  I smiled and slowly nodded my head.

"My~ Ti think my name reached Delhi.  It flatters me too much.  Good day to you all,  I am indeed Bettina,  from House Reinhart"

The guy was abou to answer but I turned to look at O'Brein-sama and smiled.

"O'Brein-sama,  I've been looking for you and to think you're here."

"Eh? "

The jerks from Delhi fell surprise by how friendly am I towards O'Brein-sama when I just overheared what they said a while ago.

Seeing my smile and calm eyes,  O'Brein-sama look straight into my eyes and his face which dimmed a while ago starts to turn bright as his lips slowly curved upwards.

*******

Author's: The next chapter will be a little annoying so brace yourselves lovies hehe.

Please comment down below ~(^з^)-♡