Chapter 31

Panting and gasping for air,  I sat under a pine tree and took the bottled water which O'Brein-sama gave me.  The other kids also looked exhausted but as I can see it,  there should be not more than 20 of us who participated in this activity.  Despite joining this activity for many times already,  I wasn't able to make friends with them without them being cautious of offending me and stuff.

Some of the participants of this years's event were the old participants from Middle School and Highschool section and only 3 of us freshmens joined in this activity. And O'Brein-sama is the only transferee who joined this activity. Despite being bullied and stuff on his last school,  O'Brein-sama has already made a lot friends and he looks easy to get along with. 

Now that I think about it,  O'Brein-sama's older sibling also went to Delhi with him so that must be the reason he often gets bullied and had a very rough childhood days not only in his house but in school.

I don't know much detail about the reason of him transferring to La'ssier but I could tell one of them is to get away from his wicked older sibling.  If I recall correctly, O'Brein-sama should be staying at his Grandparents house at this moment. According to the novel,  O'Brein-sama's grandparents from his mother was not poor however they're also not rich.  Just so so.  He might be getting support form his father that's why he was able to get into La'ssier.

I sighed and shook my head. 

Fuwaaahhh~

There's no use~

"Okay everyone~ I would like to congratulate each of one of you for making it up to here.  And so,  as planned,  we will be having some time for ourselves after a little bit of resting.  You may rest for 2-3 hrs and later at 7 pm,  we will gather in this very place to have our dinner and also we'll be having a small banquet. "

The teacher in charge instructed us to go to our respective area to set our tents up and rest for a bit.  I checked the time and learned it's roughly 4 in the evening.  I can't believe I was able to hike that long though and so the fulfillment I'm feeling right now cannot be contain. 

I took the tent I brought with me which can accommodate 1-2 person, however almost all of the students here also brought their tents with them and only few of us shares the same tent. 

I was originally assigned in the middle to put my tent up and to secure my safety since there are, not sure though,  wild animals such as snakes and insects gathering in this mountain. However, I don't want to be an overly sheltered ojousama for my purpose of coming here is to be myself and have a less stressful time.  And so I talked and asked the teacher in charge of I could set my tent under the Pine tree where I sat awhils ago.  She hesitated at first but I was, nonetheless, able to convince her. 

And coincidentally, O'Brein-sama's tent was on my right side while in my front is a senior from 2nd grade.  I went inside my tent after setting it up with much difficulty. But with the help of a staff in charge of this hiking, I eventually succeed in setting it up.

I took my shirt off and change for a new one as well as the other clothing.  Wiping my sweat away with a wet towel and feeling a little refreshed, I took my bag and fished some snacks inside.

Fufu~ snacks after a long tiring day is truly the best hekhek!

Chocolate bars and some cheap snacks which I secretly bought at the convenient store on my way to cram school.

Fuwaahhh this is bliss~ ٩(๑~▽~๑)۶

After eating to my content, I put the left over snacks back inside my bag and hid the garbage. I'll be dead if I'm caught keke!

I stretched my body and later on slammed myself down to take a nap.  After rolling left and right for many times, I just can't fall asleep at all.

Idioooot!!

Who told you to eat snacks before sleeping?!

A chocolate that can make one hyper!!

Ahhh mouh~ stupid Bettina!  ( • ̀ω•́  )

And because of that,  I decided to go out of my tent and take a little stroll outside since it's no use forcing myself to sleep hekhek!

I opened my tent and took a peek outside to see if someone was there but everyone seems to be resting feeling tired and all.

Hehe..

I gigled and quietly went out of my tent however I flinched when I felt a pair of eyes looking at my suspicios behavior in bewilderement.  I slowly turned my head and see O'Brein-sama looking at me confused. The corner of my lips rose and I let out a gigle like a kid caught stealing some candies.

"My~ O'Brein-sama,  it's  you hehe"

He nodded his head and tilt it.

"What are you doing,  Reinhart-san? "

I pursed my lips and shyly shove my hair at the back of my ear.

"Well~"

I can't think of any words to say, since I am afraid of getting caught. 

Ahh such childish actions Bettina~ Fufu.

I completely went out from my tent and stood outside it.  I looked at him and raised my hand for a peace sign.  His eyes widen and looked left to right and then later on chuckled. 

I chuckled seeing his carefree expression and decided to walk over to him.

"Would you like to join me,  O'Brein-sama? "

Surprised by my sudden invitation and suddenly became lost in his thoughts, he seems to be thinking about the cold treatment I gave him earlier. 

Mouh~ stop making me guilty than I already am huhu. 

"Well? "

Waiting for his reply,  I tried getting his attention by calling out again.  He snapped and slowly nod his head.

"If Reinhart-san's fine with me. "

I smiled and lead the way.

**********

Author's: Hello. Tell me your thoughts about this chapter as well as your expectations for the next chapter by commenting hehe. And please do vote,  lovelots ~♥~