Chapter 36

"Lexus,  oi.  I heard you like Melissa-san? "

Someone from my team came to me and asked such thing.  I suddenly felt my face becoming hot and that made them tease me like there's no tomorrow. Annoyed as I am,  I threw the ball towards them,  forceful enough to make the one who catched it take a step back.

"Woah! "

He exclaimed with eyes wide open.

"50 laps"

I answered grinning and his eyes almost fell out of its socket.

"Eh?!  What the f... "

He wasn't able to finish his sentence for I threw him warning stares.

"Captain~ I was just kidding"

He pouted his lips trying to look pitiful as he plead me not to make  him do a 50 laps.  I smirked and left him without answering.

I chuckled upon hearing them tease him more.

I went in the isolated Botany garden to unwind.

Melissa-san was a girl whom I know from cram school at primary school days.  She was sweet and pretty that everytime I see her, my day will be complete.

And without me noticing it, I kept practicing a confession line when in fact I don't really plan on confessing at all.

I was too absorb with practicing not until a noise was made behind me.  Surprised,  I turned to see who eavesdropped me but my eyes almost went out of my sockets when a dignified and sophisticated figure of the most popular spoiled ojousama here in La'ssier stood in front of me who was also stunned seeing me.

"Uhm,  hi? "

She broke the ice and I snapped making me feel very hot.

It felt so different facing her in person than hearing stories from the kids in my class or even in my team of how pretty Reinhart-san is. 

Like a sophisticated doll,  her cheeks were fluffy and red that it make you wonder what it feels like pinching them. 

But for some unknown reason,  she threatened me and told me to give up with Melissa-san for she supports the happiness of her friend. 

It was Jacob Maxwell,  who's also popular for being the only guy,  aside from the well known Lomiere-san and Steffan-san,  who can get along with Reinhart-san with no problem at all. 

Rumours has it that Jacob-san and Reinhart-san has a mutual understanding and they seem to like each other.  That other kids starts shipping her towards Jacob-san. There was even a timsle that I overheard girls from my class betting for which guy Reinhart-san will end up with.

Lomiere-san,  Steffan-san or Maxwell-san.

So I didn't really understand why she would say that Maxwell-san is my rival in love.

****

I was running around the field when a plastic bottle landed on my face that it hurts so much.  But upon seeing Reinhart-san, which I don't know why but ever since that day, I often got teased by her that it makes my whole day gloomy and annoying, my face dimmed. 

She was laughing not feeling sorry at all that I ended up exchanging words with her, forgetting all the respect I had for her status.

This girl!

And so, I decided to tease her back but..

I was sent to my wits when I heard her suddenly cursed like she was always used to say such vulgar words.

For an ojousama like her,  it was hard for me to believe but what amazed me is how she can completely change from an ojousama to a sharp tongued lady to ojousama again like it was nothing.

And because of that  I end up bantering with her which made her giving me a feirce kick in the butt.  It was so painful that I kept jumping around.

My team was beyond shocked by what they witnessed that I had to tell them everything from the start concealing only few things.

And so because of that,  they would come to me asking what kind of a girl Bettina-san was and I am like "She's pretentious and barbaric"

Yeah she acts and pretends like a noble ojousama when in fact she's actually barbaric and loves poking her nose unto the business she's nothing to do with. 

She acts like she doesn't care about people lower than her but in fact she's secretly helping them.

This was proven when I once saw her secretly picking trashes thrown by the students despite having the place cleaned up just a moment ago.

There was also a time when I saw her warning and threatening the kids who was about to picked on some timid kid who usually got bullied. 

And that time when she voluntarily helped the school janitor storing the cleaning matterials inside the storage room since the janitor was having a hard time because of it.

She might thought that those acts of her was not seen by someone but I was coincidentally in those places, hiding and trying to keep quite afraid of getting her attention and might come to tease me non stop,  and I happened to see those events. 

Contrary to what rumours said,  Bettina-san was surprisingly warm hearted.

But my thoughts of her being warm would immediately be replaced by annoyance and hatred for whenever she see a chance,  she would come to me telling me to give up on Melissa-san and stuff.

Oi.  Why do you care so much!

Damn nosy brat!

"Are you perhaps a tomboy and likes Alice-san instead of Maxwell-san"

Due to annoyance, I blurted those words which made her give me another kick.

Though I was able to dodge this time,  she turned around before stucking her tongue out.

I laughed at her childish act and turned to leave.

And just as I was about to leave,  there,  in the corner,  standing with his arms crossed and lips curled up.

Uh-oh..

Am I making an enemy out of him?.

*******

Author's: Do you guys have an idea who's the ML?  KEKEKE.

please don't forget to leave a comment and vote~ Thank you very much ~♥~