Chapter 86

"So how was it?  Betti-chan? "

The moment we stepped inside the car to go back home,  Okaasama asked me that question.

I pretend oblivious by what she meant by that and tilted my head.

"I wonder what Okaasama meant? "

I asked. Okaasama smiled sweetly and looked at me. She was seating in front while Otousama was driving.  Brent-chan and I was at the back.

"Your talk with the young Maxwell"

She asked trying to read my expression. I avoided her gaze and looked outsied through the window.

"Well, it was good.  Maxwell-sama's been my good friend and we just talk about normal stuffs"

I said trying to emphasize 'friend'.
Okaasama chuckled not affected by it.

(¬_¬)

Fine.

Tch.

"It's better to start as friends so you guys could know each other more~"

( ̄. ̄)

Unable to think of any nice words to say,  I choose to keep my silence as I look outside the window.

Okaasama is still Okaasama after all.

Interfering with my marriage and all.

No matter how hard I tried building a good relationship with them,  the fact that Okaasama was made like this, I cannot change it.

These people should have been just characters made by the author but I choose not to treat them as such.

I may be an idiot but a least I'm sensible.

Almost everyone's having a character detour but Okaasama's attitude of meddling with my marriage didnt change at all.

Ahh mouh.

******
After that night with the Maxwells,  and talk with Maxwell-sama,  I wasn't able to get a good night's sleep thinking about Maxwell-sama's words.

I can't understand why would he agree to it when he clearly likes Alice-sama.

And so,  I concluded that Maxwell-sama might be doing this for Alice-sama to realize what Maxwell-sama's role in her heart is. 

Maxwell-sama is retreating from Alice-sama in order for him to advance.

And that is by this engagement.

Though not yet official,  both family already had a verbal agreement and in no time,  the engagement will be made public.

I think, Maxwell-sama would try to use this opportunity to win Alice-sama's heart before the engagement's official announcement.

And by that,  he would do something to stop the engagement and will make it less embarassing for me so it won't hurt my pride and reputation.

As for how,  I don't have an idea.

Well

That is still my speculations and that happening is not yet certain.

I wanted to ask Maxwell-sama,  well to be honest,  I already did.  But he would answer me just 'You'll know it soon,  Betti-chi'or 'Leave it to me Betti-chi. Everything's under my control'and stuff.

Oi.

When did you became a capable character?

Aren't you originally docile?!