1. Break through

revised story

More information:
(Y/N) - Your name
(L/N) - Your last name
(H/C) -Your hair colour
(E/C) - Your eye colour

Disclaimer: Everyone in this fanfic is over 18 years old.

—————————-

Note for me, a while from now:

Everyone has a secret.
Everyone has told a lie.
Everyone has been lied to and might remember what it feels like to be forced to believe in something, in order to sustain or live their life in the way they do.
And I wasn't different.
As my eyes met the light-blue sky, expanding from horizon to the edge of vision, I felt a faint breeze passing me.
My life may be the beginning of an end, but it was at least something, I guess.

Did it bring peace?
I don't know.
Can peace even be called a stable state for any coexistence on this earth?
I doubt it.

My story began with a hit, not varying much from any of destinies belonging to the people I've gotten to know during my small journey.

So why am I surprised, still?

-

As you're walking down the avenue, you remember the cold and sunny day. The day.
Your life changed drastically, unexpectedly. But of course not only yours, but also the life of the thousands of people in your home-district.
It makes you shiver, when only thinking about the Colossal Titan, which broke the wall seemingly so easily.
Your big, frightened and terrified eyes could only look at the act.
One, small child, standing beside many.

All the people gathered around the constantly filling boats.
You held your father's hand tightly while he was walking to the front, pushing strongly and persistently. When you were almost there, your father pushed you to the front. He knew, that he wouldn't be able to come with you and your mom. Mothers and kids first. No boats, no time.
"Father!", you shouted after him.

A few water-transports were left behind and you were the second-last boat being able to go through, before the police decided to close the gates.

Looking back, seeing your dad. His friendly eyes not letting go of yours.
His lips went up, trying to show a smile, but his eyes apprised a different story.
A single tear was shed by yours, no sign of more. Your brain stopped working, becoming one with the water, flowing through your brain, passing every single piece of flesh in your body. It felt funny, tingly, felt like ice-splinters, which decided to stop on the spot of your heart.

"D-ad?"
How?
Why?
You couldn't process the thought of having lost him. So easily. So abruptly. So fast.
That was the moment when your mom took the cup of your cheek and pushed you slowly and dominantly to her chest.
"Don't, (Y/N)."

What could you do? You were so helpless. So pathetic.

And the gates closed. He was gone. And so was your childhood.

——————