Chapter 2

Everyone's eyes played a game of peekaboo, taking brief glimpses at one another until their eyes both latched onto each other then immediately looking away in a flash, pretending not to be curious. Each detail, no matter how inadequateor significant, were securely hidden about the brand-new mystery group. Finally, the members were about to be acquainted with each other ready to train together and prepare for their debut.

"Hello trainees, you're presumably wondering why you have been taken away and summoned here with your suitcases," The CEO sauntered in without introducing himself, instead deciding to get straight to business... As usual. "The answer is actually quite simple. You have been selected to debut as the newest girl group under our company. This following year will be significant as it will determine your success."

"Outside a van will be waiting to take your new home where you will eat, sleep, train and live together from now until you make an adequate amount of money to obtain your own homes. There is a few of you here because not all of you guys will make it. Some will crack under the pressure, some may be kicked out for behaviour, poor performance and numerous other instances. I trust you will all work vigorously. This company depends on you guys."

Hyebin felt a certain burden fall on her shoulders, the burden of becoming the companies hope. Numerous groups preceding them had fallen through, their passion and enthusiasm not being enough to save them from the struggles of the industry. The only other active group underneath their company was Imfact, however, they had not received a comeback for a year and were hurled into the japan market to make 'quick cash' to keep the company afloat. Hyebin did not want that to happen to her, she had already witnessed how it had profoundly impacted the members of the group and their mental state. Nothing was ever stable, she knew she would have to work harder than she had ever worked throughout her 4 years within the company.

"For now I would like to place the eldest in charge of you all as the leader until the voting for parts is chosen, which will be during debut preparations in a few months." The CEO declared, shifting to view a blonde lady who had legs for days and the proportions of a model, as expected from their company. All eyes settled on her, finally being granted permission to steal a peek at someone in the room. She appeared unbothered by the stares and had a powerful aura that enticed you.

"Hong Sooyeon has trained for 5 years and is 26 years old. She will lead you well, she trained with your 9muses sunbae's so she's very well trained and is an asset. Treat her well!" He then let out a jolly laugh, urging the others to join in as they didn't want to unintentionally upset him or come off as rude to their CEO.

"Good luck to all 7 of you, I hope you all will succeed . I'll look forward to seeing you next month and checking on how your preparations are coming along. Your manager will be waiting downstairs outside the van." The CEO then exited the room swiftly, most likely going back to his office to do his paperwork. Who knew a CEO's job would be so exciting?

"Okay girls, follow along. Don't stray behind and take too long, it's only wasting more time that could have been spent improving yourself." Sooyeon ordered confidently, grabbing a hold of both her suitcases and pulling them effortlessly behind her, despite them being so huge.

Unbeknownst to her, Hyebin had a goofy smile on her face and a sparkle in her eyes as she gawked in awe at Sooyeon. Usually, she would feel inferior by someone like Sooyeon, however, seeing how she conducted herself was inspiring to Hyebin. She was completely smitten by her new unnie.

"She's-" A girl beside her spoke, only to be interrupted by Hyebin.

"Awesome!" Hyebin exclaimed, grabbing her bags and cases then hurrying along as instructed by Sooyeon.

The girl who was beside Hyebin laughed as she wasn't going to use that word but she didn't bother to correct Hyebin as she found her rather...

"Cute," the girl mumbled with a small smile, trailing behind at a slower pace.

The seven were now clustered outside in the biting winter winds, pricking them and making them shiver like a bully. Luckily, a woman jogged over with a tender and welcoming smile and her small, red nose as if she'd been waiting out for a while.

"I'm so sorry, there were no parking spots out front so the second van had to park on the side. Three of you follow me, the other four can fit in this one," She then pointed out a big black vans two cars away, tauntingly hovering above the small white BMW in front due to the height difference. "I'll take the three with the most bags so... You, you and you," she pointed at Hyebin and two other girls. "Let's hurry, it's quite cold!" The woman then made her way to the shortest of the three, who wore a school uniform and had her school bag on her back still along with the two suitcases and black bag in hand, and grabbed one of the cases to pull along and help her.

"Who knew that the closer you get to being an idol, meant you have to be dragged everywhere quickly," A brunette beside Hyebin muttered, not necessarily in an ungrateful way but more of a harsh tone due to her accent. Perhaps she was a rapper.

Hyebin nodded in response and let out a small chuckle, "It will only get more fast-paced from here I guess."