Chapter 53

Upon arrival at their house, Changkyun had been pulled away by Hyebin's mother for a tour of the house, leaving Hyebin alone. Feeling bored, Hyebin strutted into her brothers bedroom without knocking, making him moan at her for intruding his privacy.

"Give me your autograph Dongwook!" Hyebin teased, diving on top of her brother, who seemed to have just woken up.

"Agh you pig!" He screamed out, gaining the attention of her mother and Changkyun, who had made it round to Dongwook's room in the house tour.

"Stop fighting," her mother scolded the pair, noticing Changkyun's shocked expression. "You're scaring my son-in-law."

"No," Changkyun denied. "I'm just surprised. I didn't know she was so energetic, playful and annoying. Hyebin, please annoy me more."

"Yes, annoy him!" Dongwook agreed, not even having met Changkyun properly yet.

Dongwook groaned, shoving her off him and sulking as she giggled, making her way over to Changkyun. Hyebin didn't hug or kiss Changkyun since she was around family and it felt a bit weird so she decided to annoy him since he had asked, poking him in his side.

"What-"

"You said to annoy you," Hyebin shrugged, sneakily patting his butt before walking out the room.

"She can be really annoying, I'd take it back." Her mother advised, following her out and heading in the direction of the kitchen. "Why don't you guys take out our bikes and go on a bike ride, maybe have a picnic if the weather stays good like this."

Looking out the window, Hyebin noticed it was sunny but since it was winter it was still quite cold.

"It's cold though-"

"Riding the bike will warm you up and you guys have coats right?" Her father piped in, wanting to rid them from the house for a short while so he could watch tv since there was a game on.

"I'll make some snacks for you guys to bring," her mother further persuaded as she wanted to do some cleaning and fix up a list of groceries to buy to make some dinner later.

"We should go, it will be nice." Changkyun agreed, frowning as her mother appeared beside him with a book in her hands.

"Here, take a look through the photo album," her mother ordered, hurrying over to the kitchen to get started on making them some snacks for their picnic.

Sitting down beside Hyebin, Changkyun flipped through the photo album with a smile as he observed each picture with Hyebin in.

"Ahh you look the same," Changkyun chimed happily, glancing over at her. "Always pretty with a beautiful smile."

"Is there anything you don't eat?" Her mother asked him, pottering about in the kitchen. "I'm making some gimbap."

"I like gimbap. I'll be fine with anything you make, mother." Changkyun replied happily.

"Oh," Hyebin's mother laughed. "You're easier than this girl. She hates tomatoes, cucumbers, peas-"

"With reason," Hyebin defended, making Changkyun laugh.

"You have such childish taste buds." Her mother scolded as she rolled her eyes.

"They're only edible because they don't kill you but flavour-wise I'd rather eat a leaf." Hyebin argued, looking at Changkyun. "What about you?"

"I'm not really a fan of spicy food-"

"A crime!" Hyebin shrieked. "We live in Korea, how can you not like spicy food? Oh wait... You lived abroad."

"You lived abroad?" Her father turned to look at Changkyun with wide eyes. "Where did you live?"

"I lived in America and Israel (Palestine) for a few years," he revealed. "My father's a scientist so we moved around because of his job."

"How did you get this man?" Her father asked in disbelief. "He's rich, famous, handsome, caring and smart while you are..."

"Also beautiful, caring, smart and overall," Changkyun interrupted, smiling at her. "Perfect."

"Don't think I didn't notice the rich and famous being taken out," Hyebin pouted as her father laughed.

"Famous and almost rich," he corrected as she tried to stop herself from smiling at his cuteness.

"I hope I become richer than you now," Hyebin joked.

"I hope so too," he agreed with a laugh. "A rich wife sounds nice."

"I hear ya," her father whispered, unfortunately being heard by Hyebin's mother who glared at him from across the room.

"And I'd like a rich husband." She fired back.