Chapter 27

Hours had passed by, everything seemed to happen so fast-paced yet slowly at the same time. They had spent a few hours at the beach, swimming and laying around on the beach listening to music, then they visited a beachside sashimi restaurant for dinner.

"That was so good," Hyebin groaned, turning her head to catch one more glimpse at the restaurant as they walked further away. "If I wasn't so full, I'd turn back right now and miss my train for it."

"Who do you love more; the sashimi or me?" Changkyun questioned.

"Sashimi," Hyebin answered in a heartbeat without thinking, giggling to herself as he gasped in shock.

"You didn't even give it a thought... I don't think the sashimi would marry you though." Changkyun retorted, crossing his arms and pretending to be grumpy with her.

"And you would marry me?" Hyebin queried, her head turning to observe his expression as she awaited his answer.

"Well first I'd actually have to be your boyfriend..." Changkyun hinted, moving closer to her and tilting his head to face her with a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Boyfriend..." Hyebin cheekily grinned. "Would I be deserving of someone as amazing as Im Changkyun to be my boyfriend?"

"I don't know, I'm pretty cool." Changkyun teased. "Would I be deserving of someone as amazing as Jo Hyebin to be my girlfriend?"

"Are you happy with me?" Hyebin asked nervously, stopping to face him.

"Happier than I've been in a long time." Changkyun assured her with a smile. "I was also unsure if it was just a crush when we started this but now I'm confident. I want to be with you, officially. Not making it public, I just want us to be boyfriend and girlfriend. A real relationship instead of a some."

Hyebin nodded in agreement. "Me too."

Hyebin reached into her bag, fumbling around for a second before her fingers came into contact with the cold metal. Pulling it out, Hyebin cupped it within her hands to hide it from Changkyun's sight although by now his curiosity was peaked by her sudden random actions.

"I wanted to do something special before you leave for your tour so I prepared a surprise but you beat me to it," Hyebin revealed, signalling him to hold out his hands with her eyes.

Changkyun caught onto her signals and held out his hands, awaiting whatever surprise Hyebin had prepared with an anxious heart. As Hyebin placed the object in his hands, his heart fluttered as her fingers brushed against his hands. His eyes set their sights on the object in his hand, earning a gasp from him as he observed it.

"Do you like it?" Hyebin asked with a timid smile.

"I love it but wasn't it expensive?" Changkyun asked, feeling guilty as he looked upon the white diamond treble clef necklace in his hands.

"A little but I wanted to do something for you since I made you wait so long for an uncertain response about my feelings for you. If you turn it over, I had it engraved..." Hyebin explained, watching as Changkyun flipped it over to the back and read what she had written on it.

'Even though the moon and the sun are far apart, they always come together eventually'

Changkyun didn't reply, avoiding eye contact and turning away from Hyebin.

"Did I do something wrong?" Hyebin asked nervously, her heart sinking.

"No," Changkyun's voice cracked, causing Hyebin to become curious and walk over to him, placing her arm on his shoulder.