Chapter 46

Both of the girls sat at the table with their mouths hung wide in shock, turning to each other momentarily then turning to face the gorgeous woman in front of them. Everyone else laughed at the reaction of the group as it varied. Subin and Hyebin were both shocked, while Sooyeon and Youngji were smiling and thanking the woman.

Mirae and Jiyeon were on the shy side so both of them were a little wide eyed, their fingers twitching nervously as they mumbled a thank you. Nobody knew how to react to such a situation as it was all new, of course, the CEO was beaming brightly at the opportunity they had been presented with.

"Us?" Hyebin stuttered out.

"Yes. You guys are from a small company and have people wanting to buy a few stocks here and there around comeback time but I wanted to do something a little more permanent. I want to invest in your group for the next three years and sign a contract." The lady explained. "If you guys do well, I will further our agreement and perhaps continue this partnership."

"Why us?" Mirae asked nervously.

"Let's just say... I was never into Korean music. I grew up in America so I listened to English music so I was unaware and uninterested in the music scene here. Then I saw Hyebin." The lady looked down at her lap with a smile. "I'm a CEO so I spend a lot of time on my computer. Whenever I went to search something online, Hyebin would be trending. I grew curious and clicked one day... I felt like Alice in Wonderland."

"Haha-" Subin broke out into a loud laugh, earning a stare from everyone which made her freeze up a little. "I'm sorry but that was funny. Her name is Alice? Alice in Wonderland? Okay whatever."

Alice chuckled to herself quietly, looking up at them. "Something felt different when I looked more and more into the group. You guys were refreshing. It was like you had combined all the things what made the most popular groups and merged them together. An idol like Hyebin with dark skin and a curvy body, Jiyeon a power vocal with a curvy body finding her confidence, Mirae a kind hearted and passionate idol, Sooyeon an older idol with a second chance at making it, Subin with a straightforward personality who is breaking barriers on variety shows and Youngji the studious schoolgirl with high aspirations. You appeal to the public because you are what they're against."

"They're against us?" Youngji questioned, her young mind being confused by the veiled compliment.

"They want idols with pearly white skin, slender figures, young idols who are obedient and remain only as idols but you're different. Some have darker skin, some are built different to the 'standard', some are outspoken, some aspire to become bigger and some are older. You didn't let that stop you and it's admirable. They fell for your personalities and your skills." Alice smiled warmly at the girls. "I believe you girls are the future."

Mode-L members felt quite content in this moment, feeling emotional as their hard work and hard times had been acknowledged. Finally they had someone to support them completely and help them be the best they could be.

The rest of the dinner went by smoothly as they scheduled another meeting for another time so they could read through the new contracts and sign. They were told to pack their things within the next week and to move into the CEO's building as she was a building owner and it would be easier for her to make sure they are guarded well with the best security systems.

Finally returning to their dorm, the girls divided apart to go their separate ways as their late night schedules had been cancelled for the meeting with the CEO and Alice so that meant they had some free time.

Mirae had disappeared to her room on her phone with Subin as they argued about a game while Youngji headed off to do her homework with the help of Jiyeon. Hyebin and Sooyeon both headed out of the dorms, giving each other secret glances as their curiosity got the best of them.

"Where are you going this late?" Sooyeon asked, looking around before opening her mouth again. "Are you meeting your lover boy?"

Hyebin nodded shyly, leaving Sooyeon giggling like a school girl.

"There's no need to be shy, I've known about it for what 5 months now? Have fun and make sure to stay hidden well." Sooyeon advised.

"I will," Hyebin smiled.

A car bibbed nearby, flashing the light twice at Sooyeon.

"I need to go, I'll see you later. Don't stay out too late or I will call a search party." Sooyeon's overprotectiveness made Hyebin's heart swell with a warm fuzzy feeling as she reminded her of her mother.

"You too," Hyebin pouted. "Make sure to stay safe and don't come home late."

Sooyeon sent Hyebin one last smile before heading over to a familiar looking car and getting in. Shaking her head, Hyebin turned around and dismissed the question of where she had seen the car before, strolling away to the place where she was supposed to meet Changkyun.

After a five minute walk, Hyebin noticed a familiar person standing under a lamppost with his head hung low and his phone in his hands, moving fast as though he was playing a game.

"Hey!" Hyebin put on a fake mans voice to scare Changkyun as she hurried over and placed a heavy hand on his shoulder.

"You scared me!" Changkyun held his chest as he turned to face her. "I thought some drunk ahjussi was going to fight me."

"I'm no drunk ahjussi but I'll fight you if you'd like," Hyebin offered with a cheeky grin as he slid his phone into his back jeans pocket and snaked his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"Depends on what kind of fighting," he grinned back, leaning in for a kiss.

Hyebin dodged his kiss, grabbing his chin lightly to keep him in place and whispering in his ear instead, "the punching kind."

"We don't see each other for a little while and suddenly you become so mean," he sulked in a joking way, pulling out of her grip and sneaking a kiss anyway.

"Speaking of... I'm sorry." Hyebin apologised, taking his hand into hers as they began to walk down the street together. Thankfully it was dark and the two were both wearing hats so they were able to act freely, although, they couldn't act this way in public. For now they would just hang around in emptier spots whenever they met. "My schedule was quite busy and there was other issues-"

"I'm sorry too," Changkyun sighed. "Though I am a little pissed you didn't tell me about your other issues. Even when we had busy schedules we could still make time to see each other in person so I found it a bit odd when you didn't want to meet but now I know..."

Hyebin felt guilty, looking over at Changkyun whose jaw was clenched with anger.

"You should have told me about the sasaeng. I have experienced them multiple times, I could have helped you. I know how scared you must have been."

"I was scared," Hyebin admitted. "I couldn't risk getting you involved too by meeting you but I should have at least told you. I'm sorry."

"You should be sorry," He sighed. "Do you know how worried I was when I heard you jumped out of a moving car? I called you and you blew it off like it was nothing when I could clearly see you were in pain. Have you been tending to your wounds well?"

Hyebin nodded, staying silent as she knew she was in the wrong.

"I'm sorry if I'm making you feel bad right now. It's not your fault, it's that fucking sasaeng." He hissed out, Hyebin's grip tightening on Changkyun's hand.

"Look," She tried to avert his attention away to something else. "There's a park. Come play with me."