Chapter 23

Once again, Hyebin had a long day of filming for 'When I love' and had been filming for 16 hours, swapping between cast members for each scenes and retaking any scenes which did not meet the directors tastes. Haein's schedule had become less hectic so the PD's had told everyone to clear their schedules for the next week on Saturday as they could now have a full workplace dinner together paid by the higher ups. Hyebin had enjoyed filming and being on set as everyone was so nice, although she missed her members as she couldn't see them as much.

They had successfully filmed four episodes by now out of the sixteen that needed to be filmed so Hyebin knew that it would be a while before she could spend more time with her members. Mode-L were going to have a comeback soon though meaning that she would be forced to spend time with her members which was a blessing in disguise for her. Her schedule was always full but Hyebin didn't mind as she enjoyed her job but she did feel responsible for making time to see Changkyun.

Both of the groups popularity were rising every day and the demand of promotions would fill their schedule more. Thankfully they were making it work, they messaged each other often and had met up at night to stroll around and just spend time together in general.

Once again Changkyun was visiting Hyebin on set, or rather waiting in his disguise for Hyebin to finish filming so he could walk her to the dorms since it was late. The filming set wasn't too far from the dorms compared to the other places where the other girls were on schedule so since they only had two vans, the girls would let whoever was furthest away take the van and go home in it. Their manager would usually accompany Youngji to schedules since she was younger and needed adult supervision. Hyebin used the opportunity to walk home with Changkyun and tell the manager she was carpooling with a staff member on set who she had befriended.

"You ready to go?" Changkyun asked, his cap low down on his face and his mask pulled high enough to meet near the tip of his cap so he couldn't be identified by anything other than his voice if heard.

"Kyunnie," Hyebin and Changkyun both spoke in hushed voices to avoid anyone hearing. "I'm ready to go now."

Both Changkyun and Hyebin avoided any form of affection, skinship or contact to seem as though they were just manager and idol to those around them. People ignored them, seeing them as nothing more than the usual manager and Idol/actor heading home or to their next schedule.

"Doesn't your manager question where you wonder off to?" Hyebin questioned, as they exited the warehouse where the set was based.

"They don't care about where I go after I finish my schedule," Changkyun shrugged. "By the way I'm sorry I couldn't walk you home the other day, my schedule ran over time."

"It's fine, you don't even need to walk me. I know you're busy and so am I. We should take all the rest time we can." Hyebin offered, knowing just how difficult it could be to rest amidst a chaotic schedule.

"No, I like it." Changkyun denied, taking a hold of her hand now they were further away from the warehouse. "If one of us gets our driving lesson it would be even better. We can relax and take night drives instead of strolls so we won't have to worry about being recognised and we can visit more places."

"And summer is coming, I would love to visit a beach. I enjoyed swimming as a kid but we didn't go to beaches so it was always in some leisure centre." Hyebin sighed. "Not gonna lie but when we went to the beach before for filming, I really wanted to just jump in the water and swim."

"Awe, my little mermaid." Changkyun cooed making her laugh. As a couple walked by, Changkyun's eyes latched onto them with envy. "Did you see that?"

"Huh?"

"They were wearing matching couple clothes," Changkyun stated, looking at Hyebin. "I want to wear couple items too."

"Really?" Hyebin giggled, stopping and turning to face him. "You're too cute." She adjusted his cap so she could see his eyes more clearly, his beautiful dark chocolate orbs which sparkled no matter what. "Fine, what should we get?"

"Something unique, what about a skirt?" He joked as she agreed with a laugh, hooking her arms with his as they continued to walk, swaying side to side.

"Definitely! Your legs would be so pretty in a hot pink skirt." Hyebin made a serious of 'ooh' noises strung along with compliments. "My Kyunnie in a skirt, no doubt the fans would go wild although it may earn some attention when we wear the same skirt."

"Okay, perhaps something a little more incognito." Changkyun agreed with a chuckle. "I don't want to be basic. Since summer is coming we could get matching flip flops."

"Now that's a unique idea," Hyebin couldn't help but laugh as she imagined other couples wearing matcher sneakers while they wore matching flip flops. "What colour?"

"I was thinking white or black, what's your favourite colour?" He questioned.

"I like either of those colours, they're universal so they will suit any outfit." Hyebin answered. "If you wanna know as an FYI, my favourite colour is yellow."

"That suits you," Changkyun smiled to himself, not that anyone could see due to his mask. "Your favourite colour is just as bright as you."

"You're making me blush," Hyebin admitted, pulling down her mask as they came to a halt. "Time just flew by."

"This is as far as I can go, I'll leave once I see you get in safely." Changkyun sighed, holding out his arms so she could make her way into them. Hyebin hugged Changkyun, wishing him a good night before she had to leave him for the night. "Goodnight, I'll message you later to check in on you."

"Make sure you eat when you get home," Hyebin warned, walking backwards towards her dorm while still keeping eye contact with him. "And rest!"

Changkyun nodded and watched as she entered the building before leaving to head back to his own dorm.

Upon return to her dorm, Hyebin noticed the tense atmosphere within the dorm. Worry filled Hyebin as it was like the day Sunhye had been kicked out. Mirae and Jiyeon were sitting down with a worried expression also while Subin paced back and forth, her eyes widened as she stared at Hyebin who had just entered.

"Where's Youngji and Sooyeon?" Hyebin questioned, glancing round to find both members missing from the room.

"I put Youngji to bed, it was getting late-" Mirae replied, avoiding Hyebin's gaze as she knew how close Hyebin and Sooyeon were.

"Where's unnie?" Hyebin repeated, looking to the other two for any information on what was going on.

"We had a fight," Jiyeon piped up.

Hyebin was surprised as Sooyeon and Jiyeon were the least likely to have ever fought within the group. Sooyeon was a leader so she was responsible, mature and didn't have as strong a personality as Subin. Jiyeon was quiet and shy but would never start any situation or say anything bad. How could the two have collided?

"Sooyeon unnie stormed out but that was 3 hours ago," Jiyeon continued, guilt seeping through as she spoke and her eyes glistening as though she was on the verge of crying. "Her phone is dead and no one has seen her for a while."

"I don't think I can wait any longer," Subin spoke up, her impatience getting the best of her. "We should go out to look for her. Somebody stay with Youngji."

After a quick discussion, it was decided Mirae would stay and the rest would head out to look for Sooyeon. They all left, setting off in separate directions, hoping Sooyeon was safe and well.